• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Price check tmnt pro

TrueJedi

Apr 20, 2017
Lindsay, ON
I've seen several newer Sterns listed in the low 7's. A Walking Dead in Oshawa was last listed in low 7's this past January. It was priced higher in Dec and didn't move. I believe all that was wrong with it was the bit of metal that comes off under the well walker . I've seen several Star Trek pro's for sale in the low to mid 7's over the past 3-6 months. I believe one was in Mississauga. I don't recall any of these being routed or high play # machines.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I've seen several newer Sterns listed in the low 7's. A Walking Dead in Oshawa was last listed in low 7's this past January. It was priced higher in Dec and didn't move. I believe all that was wrong with it was the bit of metal that comes off under the well walker . I've seen several Star Trek pro's for sale in the low to mid 7's over the past 3-6 months. I believe one was in Mississauga. I don't recall any of these being routed or high play # machines.
To be fair, those are all DMD games, and were released much cheaper. Star Trek is now 10 years old (2013), and Walking Dead is 9 (2014), so not sure those count as "newer" games anymore. True, they're newer than 90s games (which are now at or pushing 30), but I think list on a ST pro was what-$6000 or less (since that was back when you could still get discounts), while MSRP on games from the last couple years has gone up dramatically.

That being said, a pro with 11k plays is going to be pretty beat. Not sure how well these spike2 games hold up to that kind of usage. Condition is king as always.

TrueJedi

Apr 20, 2017
Lindsay, ON
To be fair, those are all DMD games, and were released much cheaper. Star Trek is now 10 years old (2013), and Walking Dead is 9 (2014), so not sure those count as "newer" games anymore. True, they're newer than 90s games (which are now at or pushing 30), but I think list on a ST pro was what-$6000 or less (since that was back when you could still get discounts), while MSRP on games from the last couple years has gone up dramatically.

That being said, a pro with 11k plays is going to be pretty beat. Not sure how well these spike2 games hold up to that kind of usage. Condition is king as always.
Perhaps, but those dates quoted are commencement of manufacturing not conclusion. NIB were obtainable for many years after production started. And contrary a GB is a DMD and their resale is much higher with pros seemly in the 9-10K range. Not that I find this justifiable or appropriate. Pricing has been unpredictable as of late. Several people I know who regularly sell have found the sellers market has cooled off significantly. I'd be surprised to see a routed TMNT with 11K+plays fetch greater than 8k. Impossible? No. Just not logical IMO.

Reactions: KING BLING !

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
One example of one game sold does not a market make.
Especially a game unloved by many pinball people.

LCD Sterns are $9k+ on the used market.
I should know, I've bought and sold many of them :)

Speaking of unloved games, TMNT is in the same boat as LZ. Unloved by most, whether it’s deserved or not.

BTW prices are dynamic and change all the time based on market/supply/demand/etc. And they don’t always increase, they sometimes decrease as we are seeing. Sellers can ask anything they want. Games will either sell or will sit until the price reflects what buyers are willing to pay.

Premiums are holding their value better than pros, now more than ever. All the Pros that filled the void during the pandemic are flooding the market. Prems are harder to come by.

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Well pinside has them between US$6-7k for sale price. So that translates to CD$8-9.5k. As noted TMNT and LZ are 2 of the least popular titles in recent years. So I think $8k is probably a reasonable price for a used decent shape TMNT.

for what it is worth, I played it and quite liked the gameplay but not the theme for me.

Reactions: MrMikeman

KING BLING !

May 12, 2020
Ottawa
I have a tmnt and it’s one of the hardest games I have ever played. I love it and hate it
Oddly enough I have owned, MEt Pro, TWd Pro, Jp Pro etc...which are ALL listed as more wanted/liked/loved then TMNT Pro and I prefer the TMNT Pro. Its deep, has fun missions and cool shots. Huge fan of Met, TWD and Jp series yet TMNT is heads & heals superior IMHO....its even rated higher then its Pre version.....which I think the Met Pro should be too.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
What location is pulling in that many plays? That's a crazy amount of plays, if that thing was on a $1 per play it has done really well for itself! Any amount it's sold for is pure gravy. Good for the operator! That said, if it sells for $6K it will be resold for thousands more the next day. You gotta think as long as it isn't falling apart it's got to be $8K anyway.

I never saw the $7K TWD get listed here in January, totally missed that, that would have been a really good price assuming condition was good. , I think that is what I sold mine for a couple of years ago now, low 7's if memory recalls.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Sorry but Stern Heavy Metal is the least popular recent release.
Cuz, I own one.
And they didn't even manage to sell 100

And even then my value is awesome.