• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB R2 Stern Star Wars Topper

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I may regret looking for this, but I was wondering if anyone had a Stern Star Wars topper they would be willing to part with for (an inflated but hopefully somewhat) reasonable price.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Last time I saw one about 1 year ago it was fully in the unreasonable zone. I think 3-3.5k USD.

Limiting the SW toppers was utter stupidity on Stern's part.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Sorry I don't know. I just remember seeing that ad and thinking there is no hope for humanity.

I do remember being considered as stupid for buying mine when it came out, 2 years before even buying the game. I just knew I'd have the game eventually but that the topper would be hard to get by then.

I also remember the owner's thread at that time with folks losing their minds with the price of $749USD. "It'll never sell", "ppl would never pay that much for a topper", etc.

Fast forward a few years. Toppers are still selling out but now at $2000USD (Mando & Rush).

Last edited:

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
Sorry I don't know. I just remember seeing that ad and thinking there is no hope for humanity.

I do remember being considered as stupid for buying mine when it came out, 2 years before even buying the game. I just knew I'd have the game eventually but that the topper would be hard to get by then.

I also remember the owner's thread at that time with folks losing their minds with the price of $749USD. "It'll never sell", "ppl would never pay that much for a topper", etc.

Fast forward a few years. Toppers are still selling out at $2000USD (Mando & Rush).
I keep seeing the same pinside ad, its archived now but was supposedly someone in London, On. I offered $2500 CAD and pick up and the dude laughed (and the ad went down). The archived pinside section shows nothing of the sort. I can't actually find any evidence they have sold as high as the mad person was listing, but you can always ask.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I've heard rumours of a NIB topper hoarder here in Ottawa. Hoping to cash in at some point. Not sure if it's true or not.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I fail to understand why people just don't use X wing minis and, boom toys, topper.
The X wing rebel blockade runner would look great.
You could even go SW Armada models if you wanted to go capital ship heavy.
I saw a few blackade runners last year at the Hot Lead bring and buy table, cheap.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I fail to understand why people just don't use X wing minis and, boom toys, topper.
The X wing rebel blockade runner would look great.
You could even go SW Armada models if you wanted to go capital ship heavy.
I saw a few blackade runners last year at the Hot Lead bring and buy table, cheap.
because - and this is going to sound crazy - I just like the Stern topper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
I keep seeing the same pinside ad, its archived now but was supposedly someone in London, On. I offered $2500 CAD and pick up and the dude laughed (and the ad went down). The archived pinside section shows nothing of the sort. I can't actually find any evidence they have sold as high as the mad person was listing, but you can always ask.
I tried to buy that topper too for our SW Prem. He did tell me it sold at $3,700 USD. Unfortunately I don't think I will ever own R2D2 at that price before we move on from the game. I think the only way to really get one is to buy a game that has one installed and then sell the game :(

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Took me forever to get one.
Tons of them sold on pinside between $3-3500 US.
At this point if you get one for less than $3500 US, you are getting a "fair" price.
Under $3000 US and you are getting a great deal.

FYI; I paid $5010.85 Cdn for Ghostbusters!!! And it has only gone up from there. :(

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Keep in mind if you find one in Canada be willing to pay more for it than what you see on Pinside as a $3500 USD topper from the USA means you still have to pay shipping and HST.