• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

So I get an email....

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
I listed my Shrek on Kijiji and I get this email.

Such a shame you not getting full usage of the game with the low number of plays. They are designed to be played, and cleaned periodically to brand new condition. Also, its easy to reset the play count. Might be better to just describe as "in pristine condition". Otherwise if it was such a fun game why is the play count so low. Good luck with the sale.

Seriously? Do these people have nothing to do all day long?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Just ignore the email and I probably would agree to disregard the play count because it can be easily reset in the audits so irrelevant or game probably blows chunks :lol: I think the best line used is this machine sells on ebay for $8000 but I am only asking $5000 :FP:

If your machine is nice which looks like it is then the proof will be in the pudding when the potential buyer comes to see it. Good luck on your sale.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Yes, welcome to the world of unwanted kijiji responses. Every time I list a machine, I get one or two of these ~ sometimes in the guise of "being helpful" but most often it is just some douche-nozzle trying to make the world a better place one stupid opinion at a time. I also get at least one guy offering to trade me stuff I don't need. Now I am careful to include "NO TRADES" in every ad.

Maybe you should take a piece of this d-bag's advice and include the number of plays, BUT state that you are aware that this may mean nothing to some people since the number can be reset so therefore you are including the ever-desirable "shooter lane pic" which should satisfy even the most cynical of buyers. :cool:

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough
Yep, in a way I agree.... number of plays is not concrete so not really a good selling feature. Like it's said above me, if it's in pristine condition that will show - but listing low number of plays *could* be interpreted as a negative.

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
So another fucking brilliant reply to my ad for Hulk I just re-listing on Kijiji.

@gmail.com
Those new Sterns get tired fast ay?

Ya thanks for your opinion Dick.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Beafraid said:
So another fucking brilliant reply to my ad for Hulk I just re-listing on Kijiji.

Be lucky he didn't make a comment on your blurry first pic ;) Just ignore them Mike and hang tight as your Hulk LE will sell eventually.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Beafraid said:
What blurry pic?

You fixed it now but the first pic you had up earlier was not focused. Good luck on your sale and I will ask around the people I know to see if any of them are interested in either of your games.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
I like the replies where they lowball and add the words "in cash" or "cash in hand" to try to make it more appealing.

As if you would be accepting any other form of payment.

"So, now that my machine is loaded onto the back of your truck, are you sure this cheque will clear ? And why does your telephone number only have 6 digits in it ? " :FP:

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
As if you would be accepting any other form of payment.

I actually wish there was something else you could do for p2p transactions that wasn't just cash. I hate trying to deal with that much cash when buying machines, since it's always a pain in the ass to get to the bank, withdraw that much, and then be paranoid about losing it. Interac transfers are great, but there's a limit on them-anyone know if you can increase this?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Beafraid said:
What do you mean by interac transfers?

Interac transfer aka EMT aka Email Money Transfer

You can do an EMT from your online banking and send to your own email address and then you go to the seller's place to check out the game. Once you are happy with the game you can log into your email on their computer or your own smart phone or whatever you two are comfortable with and open up the EMT link. Then let the seller pick their banking institute to deposit the funds and you provide them with the password to deposit the funds. This way you don't have to carry physical cash on hand with you and you have full control of your money and only risk the $1.50 bank service charge should you decide to cancel. Keep in mind the EMT limit is $2000 per email but could be different for other banks. You can also let the seller know that once an EMT has been accepted it is good and there is no reversing or disputing kind of like a money wire. They can also verify the EMT was received by checking their current account balance because it is deposited right away and doesn't require time to clear.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I use EMTs all the time.
I think my bank (TD) sets a limit of $1500 per day so that is a bit limiting unless you're buying EMs or early ss games ;)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
DRANO said:
I use EMTs all the time.
I think my bank (TD) sets a limit of $1500 per day so that is a bit limiting unless you're buying EMs or early ss games ;)

For those selling a baller title like MM and receiving EMT you might want to read this :mrgreen:

Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada

I think most of the links mention $10,000 but I believe someone once told me anything >=$8,000 Fintrac gets notified and you will be under watch.