• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Pinball Announces Relaunch of Ironman as next release!

pinball.customs

Apr 8, 2014
GTA
Re: Stern Pinball Announces Relaunch of Ironman as next rele

new pic

Full photos soon (I'm guessing Friday)

Attachments

• 10396299_10152533302564244_7270089022193432321_n.jpg
    10396299_10152533302564244_7270089022193432321_n.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 602

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

258410-i.jpg

258409-i.jpg

258411-i.jpg

258412-i.jpg

258413-i.jpg

258419-i.jpg

258418-i.jpg

258417-i.jpg

258416-i.jpg

258415-i.jpg

258414-i.jpg

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Looks ok except for the whiplash figure. That's probably pretty easily replaced though.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Chris Bardon said:
Looks ok except for the whiplash figure. That's probably pretty easily replaced though.

Better off to buy bigbossfan's which has the proper whiplash figure and it is lit up too! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2798

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Someone snapped some close up pics of their Ironman VE playfield showing the quality and amount of clear coat used by Stern.

259457-i.png

259090-i.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

New warning sticker decal on Ironman VE

259087-i.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NBiiu9wlFHs[/youtube]

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I'm not following along with the release since I already have my IM.

Are people actually that upset? Are their actual morons that are trying to treat pinballs as investments?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

Vengeance said:
I'm not following along with the release since I already have my IM.

Are people actually that upset? Are their actual morons that are trying to treat pinballs as investments?

If profit is to be had, and planned for, why is that someone being a moron?

I am not in the hobby to make a quick buck, nor are most of the people here; though I want to ask why it makes someone a moron if they are?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

meegis said:

I am not in the hobby to make a quick buck, nor are most of the people here; though I want to ask why it makes someone a moron if they are?

Because you don't question Adam's authoritah! :D

cartman-500-x-341.jpg

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

meegis said:

Simply because if you main motivation is investment, your in the wrong hobby. I'm sure you'll argue that ACDC LE owners see a better return on their game then most investment portfolios, but for every ACDC LE, there is a Avengers, TF, XMen, CSI, IJ4, etc, etc. So if you are stupid enough to try and understand the fickle nature of collectors and try and predict what manufactures will or will not do, then you are a moron and I've got some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

If your an operator and trying to make money off the hobby in that way, or a re-seller, or any of the actual profitable ways to make money in this hobby, more power to you, but to get upset because you gambled and loss, the only person to get upset at is yourself.

I have an original IM, I love the game, I could care less if the price goes down cause I'm not banking on my retirement from my games.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

Vengeance said:
Simply because if you main motivation is investment, your in the wrong hobby. I'm sure you'll argue that ACDC LE owners see a better return on their game then most investment portfolios, but for every ACDC LE, there is a Avengers, TF, XMen, CSI, IJ4, etc, etc. So if you are stupid enough to try and understand the fickle nature of collectors and try and predict what manufactures will or will not do, then you are a moron and I've got some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

If your an operator and trying to make money off the hobby in that way, or a re-seller, or any of the actual profitable ways to make money in this hobby, more power to you, but to get upset because you gambled and loss, the only person to get upset at is yourself.

I have an original IM, I love the game, I could care less if the price goes down cause I'm not banking on my retirement from my games.

1. Not going to argue, some LE's did MUCH better than others *cough* Tron *cough*

2. Anyone who loses money has the right to get upset. Who wouldn't? Whether the gamble is in pinballs, or cars, throwing cash in a slot machine, or otherwise. Every hobby is bound to be shrouded with those who focus monetarily and those who dont.

3. I would love some Florida swamp land.......... (I actually have family that made a hefty sum for FL land they sold years ago)

4. With the fact that you like to cast these "morons" in the light, feel happy to have them in existence. For, without them, good deals on "sour" machines wouldn't exist. For someone to win, someone else always has to lose.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

meegis said:
2. Anyone who loses money has the right to get upset. Who wouldn't? Whether the gamble is in pinballs, or cars, throwing cash in a slot machine, or otherwise. Every hobby is bound to be shrouded with those who focus monetarily and those who dont.

No, they don't, if you can't handle the stakes don't bet on it in the first place.

meegis said:
4. With the fact that you like to cast these "morons" in the light, feel happy to have them in existence. For, without them, good deals on "sour" machines wouldn't exist. For someone to win, someone else always has to lose.

That's the exact mentality I have a problem with, no one should win or lose, it's a hobby, not an investment, or competition, buy what you like, play what you like, enjoy the hobby, stop worrying about the prices of machines, if you can afford it great, if you can't don't buy it.

We should be happy were involved in a hobby where we can enjoy it and generally get out of it without much in the way of losses on our side. Ask a car collector what the ROI is on most of their cars, Hell ask Brock what the ROI was on that little kit car he sold recently.

Play pinball, enjoy the hobby and STFU about everything else.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

I just want to state I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying, just putting a different perspective on it. I mean... I have a TFLE... :FP:

Vengeance said:
No, they don't, if you can't handle the stakes don't bet on it in the first place.
Hence the term "gamble".

Vengeance said:
That's the exact mentality I have a problem with, no one should win or lose, it's a hobby, not an investment, or competition, buy what you like, play what you like, enjoy the hobby, stop worrying about the prices of machines, if you can afford it great, if you can't don't buy it.

We should be happy were involved in a hobby where we can enjoy it and generally get out of it without much in the way of losses on our side. Ask a car collector what the ROI is on most of their cars, Hell ask Brock what the ROI was on that little kit car he sold recently.

Play pinball, enjoy the hobby and STFU about everything else.

The red negates the blue.... Im a little confused which point you were after in that one.

But as I already stated, every hobby has the profiteers. Gotta deal with it. I know others have said this and I will say it too "If you are in it for the hobby, then why doesn't someone who has a TZ for the last decade sell it for what they paid?" I know someone who has a Williams IJ that cost him $2700. Should he sell it for that because he didn't buy for profit? No. He got very lucky, to have it at what is now considered a steal.

Cars (90% of the time) are not investments. Trust me, I know this firsthand, many times over. I do know a lot of guys who flip cars to make money though, and sometimes win, sometimes get burned. This leads them to other means (i.e. parts and mods). Should they not profit of those who want the parts or mods? It's a hobby no?

Anyway, to conclude my wall 'o' text, I dont disagree with what you are saying; I just think that a hobby would be boring without these 'morons'

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

meegis said:
Hence the term "gamble".

Also hence the word moron, if you are gambling on something you can't afford to lose on, you shouldn't be gambling.

meegis said:
The red negates the blue.... Im a little confused which point you were after in that one.

Basically all I was trying to say is, win or lose, the hobby isn't that bad so STFU.

meegis said:
But as I already stated, every hobby has the profiteers. Gotta deal with it.

No I don't and I will continue to call people on their BS.

meegis said:
I know others have said this and I will say it too "If you are in it for the hobby, then why doesn't someone who has a TZ for the last decade sell it for what they paid?" I know someone who has a Williams IJ that cost him $2700. Should he sell it for that because he didn't buy for profit? No. He got very lucky, to have it at what is now considered a steal.

But what were the motives for buying that TZ, I bought my TZ for $3200 way back in the day, I'm not selling it for $3200 cause

A) it's not for sale
B) Cause no one else follows that same logic and to be naive enough to think selling a machine under market value to "help the hobby" helps anybody but the guy who you just sold it to makes that person the moron.

There was a time when I would sell machines to friends for exactly what I had into a machine, not a cent more, but even among friends the market has changed so much that it's just not possible anymore.

But in the same vain, if the market went the other way, I wouldn't care one bit, hell I keep hoping for the Market crash, I hope DMD's get to EM' prices some day, even if it means the games I paid thousands for now only worth hundreds .

That's the difference I'll never see this hobby as an investment, it will always just be a hobby.

meegis said:
Cars (90% of the time) are not investments. Trust me, I know this firsthand, many times over. I do know a lot of guys who flip cars to make money though, and sometimes win, sometimes get burned. This leads them to other means (i.e. parts and mods). Should they not profit of those who want the parts or mods? It's a hobby no?

Right but none of them are bitching because (insert car manufacturer) came out with a newer model of the car they bought a year ago, which has now made their purchase worth even less.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

Vengeance said:
Right but none of them are bitching because (insert car manufacturer) came out with a newer model of the car they bought a year ago, which has now made their purchase worth even less.

You underestimate the amount of people who bitch about everything possible. Most people no longer can afford to outright purchase, and contemplate the vehicle of choice exactly because of the depreciation involved when new models sprout up. Having been a part of the auto industry for a long time, I can tell you from experience, new models make those who purchase the final phase of said model either buy it because they know they will get a better deal on whats no longer being sold, or angry because they dont want to lose more the moment that new one comes out.

Now we're on apples to oranges, but it still counts.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Wile I don't think pinball machines should be viewed as an investment opportunity per se, I do consider my collection to be a savings account of sorts, in that the cash is always there if I'm desperate for it. So yes, I do feel bad if my games drop in value (not including mods of course).

That said, so far so good... And it's a much more fun way to save your cash than a bank account or mattress. ;)

As for the car... They're money pits.