• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS Stern Venom Limited Edition Pinball - New Condition

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Unless Stern pricing goes back to pre-covid the gap between NIB and secondary market will increase. It's not about making a profit, frankly IMO it should never have been about that for consumers, but if people buying NIB are going to take a 3k-4k hit on resale value then more companies will go the way of Haggis and selection will decrease since sales will slow down. There are recent Pro's on pinside for under 7k CAD and even a Bond for 7200 CAD right now unsold

Those are more like 8k by the time you actually get it across the border. There are taxes when you bring them across the border. Plus your gas / hotel to go get it, or shipping costs.

Bigger question though, why is everyone shitting on someones FS post? Especially with an "I heard about..." rumoured sale that probably didn't happen.

Reactions: kool1

ManaLounge

Apr 29, 2024
London, ON
www.manalounge.ca
I just got two Venom LEs in on trade

I can attest that it's a very fun game

If you like fan layouts and fast gameplay this is for you! Has some neat stuff with the quick ball release on locked balls

Good luck with the sale!

Reactions: chaz009

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Those are more like 8k by the time you actually get it across the border. There are taxes when you bring them across the border. Plus your gas / hotel to go get it, or shipping costs.

Agree. Comparing US prices to PinRev prices is not fair unless you have a magical way of getting the games here with no PST, GST and shipping /transportation costs.

Reactions: roar and chaz009

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Stern raised prices because they were shown by the greed of the flippers that they could get a whole lot more… why should they have left money on the table and let people with no skin in the game profit off of them? If you think otherwise no problem but I don’t put the increases in this hobby on a for profit business any day of the week… they didn’t hold a gun to anyone’s head to buy their product.

Venom is a fun game! The LE looks great and plays great, GLWS!

Reactions: Jeff K. and System6

System6

Apr 21, 2023
Brampton
Agree. Comparing US prices to PinRev prices is not fair unless you have a magical way of getting the games here with no PST, GST and shipping /transportation costs.
The point of the post was that Americans are selling games less than a year old at a 30% discount. Nobody suggested anyone try to import, it's more an overall perspective of the industry as a whole. Americans are paying taxes on NIB purchases like we are so the $6999 games that are now selling for 5k flat south of the border were closer to 7300 USD in the end @ 4% tax and obviously even more in states with higher tax rates.

Anyhow, don't want to derail. Things still seem to be better on this side of the border with these types of games. Good luck with the sale

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Last time I was at P1, they had a venom LE in the showroom, so if you want to try it out and you're in the area, you should be able to. Not a bad game, and from what I've read, it's got an interesting IC implementation where you can save progress across games.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I think the game plays great, nice and fast, the Prem/Le is the way to go on this one with the mech that changes the way the game plays, the insider connect implementation is fun, a very under appreciated game imo.

Reactions: kool1