• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern's new warehouse

Pin-Balls

Aug 19, 2013
Georgetown
I enjoyed sterns video showing the new warehouse they moved into, but I'm wondering if it was a mistake. I'm guessing it was based on demand and constant price gouging over the past few years, but it looks like the pinball community is saturated with so many choices now, used/new and different manufactures plus most are feed up the those price increases. Hopefully a new shinny building and sales that are starting to slump will translate to lower prices.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I enjoyed sterns video showing the new warehouse they moved into, but I'm wondering if it was a mistake. I'm guessing it was based on demand and constant price gouging over the past few years, but it looks like the pinball community is saturated with so many choices now, used/new and different manufactures plus most are feed up the those price increases. Hopefully a new shinny building and sales that are starting to slump will translate to lower prices.
My thoughts as well. Seems like they may be overextending based on the last few years demand. That demand is definitely not there anymore.

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
Ya hopefully they feel a pinch and need to put games on sale, but new base price likely won’t change and is here to stay for all new releases. Just like cars the MSRP is their price but that does not mean sales don’t occur when things are not moving and as games are no longer the newest and greatest releases. High overhead hopefully means more pressure for sales discounts more frequently for us buyers in the future.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
My understanding is Stern was paid to move by a tech company that wanted their old location because of the proximity to fiber internet lines. Stern also apparently got a pretty sweet deal on this larger facility.

Reactions: ritewhereiwant2b

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
My understanding is Stern was paid to move by a tech company that wanted their old location because of the proximity to fiber internet lines. Stern also apparently got a pretty sweet deal on this larger facility.
Jebus, you are " in the know" Sir!!!