• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Demolition Man Discussion

Aerostarz

Nov 19, 2012
Whitby
www.flickr.com
From both boards, it seems that DM is a sought after game by a few of us, and others have chimed in on their likeness to this game.

From my standpoint after having owned one of them, I realized what i missed in the game and how much it had to offer for the "value".

Value is a term used a bit loosely these days, as the B-List games are going up in price fast.
I would say that DM is a game a "new/young" collector would want to scoop up, if funds are a priority in making your decision.

Pros:
*Price
*Widebody.. more toys/mechanisms
*Ramp and rails galore
*Funny Roms with adult content
*Williams
*Unusual

Cons:
*Hot Orange Neon on PF and Plastics may turn to a light Pink is exposed to various types of lighting. Assuming Black lights do this.
* Aggressive wear on the handles.
* Heavy game
* Creeping up in price.. aren't they all.. :(

What are your thoughts?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I'd agree that it's a decent game for the casual player, and for the price point is a value buy. Lots of decent shots, some of which are not easy and agree on the humor aspect if you've got the adult roms installed. I do miss mine, but I feel it's more to do with the condition of the game (it was HUO) and if I was to get another it would have to be in similar shape. (ya... I'm spoiled) :)

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I really regret selling my Demo man and if/when I find another one it will definitely be getting this z-plating treatment for the handles as it will be a keeper and possibly some LEDs too as it seems to pull it off quite nicely in certain parts of the GI from what I have seen but that is only if it doesn't interfere with game play.

dmch.jpg

http://www.zplating.com/cart/index.php? ... &parent=60

Some other notable good bang for buck games in the similar price point would be Judge Dredd and Johnny Mnemonic. I've owned both as well and trust me for the price of say a CV or TOTAN you could still today have all 3 of these in your collection.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
I could never get into it.
But theme/art makes or breaks it for me on games...and this one has to be one of the worst in that department :)

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I definitely had fun with it, but for some reason I didn't come back to it as often as my other games. Sold it to help pay for a TZ, and don't regret it at all. I do kind of miss it though-I've at least been able to still play most of the other games I've sold, but Demomans are pretty uncommon. The handles were also a little strange to play with, and for some reason I couldn't get the hang of the timing with them. When I'd play with the regular flipper buttons, I'd almost always do better.

Aerostarz

Nov 19, 2012
Whitby
www.flickr.com
hippochrome said:
But theme/art makes or breaks it for me on games...and this one has to be one of the worst in that department :)

I can see how the backglass with those large images would be a bit annoying. Last Action hero enters my mind on this subject.

I will be looking into a custom translite for my DM and see what can be done.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Aerostarz said:
hippochrome said:

I will be looking into a custom translite for my DM and see what can be done.

Good idea! That would help.
Maybe just some burning city scape or vehicle action scene from the movie...maybe add a black silhouette of Stallone

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Here is the original proposed translite for the game. I read somewhere that apparently Snipes was being picky and didn't like how it depicted him in fear it would hurt his future movie career.

5787222102_a266e899bc_z.jpg