• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Uncanny X-Men Trailer

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Yeah, was just going to add the other one. It's not supposed to be out yet by the looks of it. It's marked Unlisted. Watch it while you can!

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Looks pretty good. Can't wait for gameplay to see the music/sfx and video assets. I know they said that it's all custom so I guess no 90s X men music song.

Gameplay wise, it looks pretty damn interesting with all the ball paths and diverters, locks... Should be a fun shooter. Pro seems to have lots of goodies also.

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
Definitely intrigued!! New ideas and some old with an interesting layout. May have a winner on their hands…..but still $21,000 Cdn

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Definitely intrigued!! New ideas and some old with an interesting layout. May have a winner on their hands…..but still $21,000 Cdn
I mean for the LE maybe. Like 13kx1.35x1.13 (Ontario tax), close to 20k

But prem would be around 14k shipped and Pro around 11k shipped.

So there are cheaper option. Still expensive. But cheaper than 21k.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
First impression is definitely good, but I want to flip one before committing. Ideally, I want to try both the pro and premium to see whether the missing stuff matters, but from what I can see the pro might actually be just as complete? The sentinel hands seem to be able to function as ball locks, so you'd be missing that, and the vari-target thing is missing, but I don't know how much that actually changes the gameplay. That danger room area really seems to be the hook here, and how that shoots is going to dictate how good the game is. Having the main flippers offset like that will take some getting used to, but you'll absolutely need to be able to cleanly exit that area with the ramp shot for it to be viable. I can see rejects off that ramp being really frustrating and hard to save, but it's still too early to say for sure.

Art/animation look like they'll be closer to AIQ, which is fine with me. Theme is also a winner, but I'm a comic book fan, so it's right up my alley. Glad they went with Days of Future Past instead of the animated series.

mdeslaur

Dec 8, 2016
Levis, Quebec
Wasn't into comics when I was younger, so the theme means nothing to me. The old-style flipper layout sure is intriguing, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays in a modern game.

What remains to be seen is if the novel layout is actually fun to play long term in a private collection, or if it's just a fun oddity that will have me spending quarters at the barcade.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Contemplating the LE but a Premium for sure. Looks like they're taking deposits now!

The pro is no slouch - the moving parts are gone but at least no flat plastic sentinel.

Definitely want to play at Expo. Hopefully I can play it sooner somewhere local though.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
The pro is no slouch - the moving parts are gone but at least no flat plastic sentinel.
It seems like there's not a lot of impact to gameplay. The up/down on the sentinel doesn't seem to go flush with the PF, so it's not going to change that shot geometry much. Seems like it'll operate as a bash toy in either position, and it still has the mouth/kicker on the pro, so that feature is still there. The hands seem like they'll trap the balls on the ramps, although there seems to be a mechanism to stop the ball on either inlane (magnet on the left, and up post on the right) so could be functionally the same there too. The raised vari-target is just a captive ball, so again, no changes to shot geometry by making it a static target. Maybe there's something else I'm missing, but it seems like it's a pretty full featured pro. Hopefully I can get a chance to try both-I'm sure P1 will have a game out on the floor at some point.

Code/rules are a bit of a question mark on this one though. Not sure what the process is at Stern, and who else is involved. I think they're in a better place than back when the last X-Men game came out, where the code was kind of a mess, and I suspect that even though Waison is listed as the lead on it, that there's input from across the board on how the game should work.

Reactions: kool1

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
It seems like there's not a lot of impact to gameplay. The up/down on the sentinel doesn't seem to go flush with the PF, so it's not going to change that shot geometry much. Seems like it'll operate as a bash toy in either position, and it still has the mouth/kicker on the pro, so that feature is still there. The hands seem like they'll trap the balls on the ramps, although there seems to be a mechanism to stop the ball on either inlane (magnet on the left, and up post on the right) so could be functionally the same there too. The raised vari-target is just a captive ball, so again, no changes to shot geometry by making it a static target. Maybe there's something else I'm missing, but it seems like it's a pretty full featured pro. Hopefully I can get a chance to try both-I'm sure P1 will have a game out on the floor at some point.

Code/rules are a bit of a question mark on this one though. Not sure what the process is at Stern, and who else is involved. I think they're in a better place than back when the last X-Men game came out, where the code was kind of a mess, and I suspect that even though Waison is listed as the lead on it, that there's input from across the board on how the game should work.

Stern code on JW has been very slow coming so yes - definitely some risk to being an early buyer. Would like to hear where the code is on release.

LEs coming first this time so may have to wait to play for a few weeks yet.