• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Uncanny X-Men Trailer

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
The pro is no slouch - the moving parts are gone but at least no flat plastic sentinel.

Definitely want to play at Expo. Hopefully I can play it sooner somewhere local though.
I agree. If I end up pulling the trigger, I'm seriously considering the pro.

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Anyone watched the stream? Any thought after wards?

Obviously as expected early code, callouts and music are limited, animations are limited also. I know this is all custom, hopefully they have more in the chamber when it comes to music, sound and animation.

Shots seemed fun, the danger zone was being access more often than I expected. There was limited mech interactions, but could be code being early.

Interesting none the less. Definitely some good bones to work with.

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
Seemed a little klunky to me and the guys weren't able to consistently hit the ramps and some of the shots. These guys are pro level which had me worried the game may be quite difficult kind of like Turtles. Music was junk. Hopefully they fix it. It was cool to hear the sound bites from the 90s cartoon. Danger zone looks fun and the cerebro mech is cool. Seemed like the ramp breaking from the sentinel hand led to sdtm drains. Hopefully this isn't the case generally that it was more of an alignment/leveling issue tonight. I'm not buying until I get hands on and play a dozen games.

Reactions: mdeslaur

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Seems like a drain monster. I'm assuming these guys are good at pinball? Most of their ball times were very short.

To be fair, it was just a demo of the game play. I doubt they were striving for a super long game. To know for sure, the streams once they start landing in the Youtubers hands will be telling.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Pf geometry looks very interesting but the sounds, music & callouts need improvement IMO. LCD assets didn't seem all that inspiring.
Game looked very punishing but agreed with above, perhaps a levelling issue.
Could still be very fun to flip; looking froward to playing this and to see how code & assets are flushed out.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
From the stream it looked like the Danger room played OK-it seemed reasonably easy to get out of with that ramp shot (or bouncing past the pop bumper), you can stage flip that flipper, you can cradle over there, and I even saw a right outlane power drain make it over there, so there's lots of opportunity to use it. It's going to be tricky in MB, but it's kind of an upper playfield at the bottom, which is interesting. That turnaround ramp seemed to work most of the time, but when it didn't it seemed deadly. Seems to be more consistent than what's on Deadpool though, which is good. Sound and screen didn't seem all that compelling yet, but it's early. You know what you're in for with the style though. The LE sentinel hands actually seem to be more of an FU than anything else-the one on the right is really wild, and the one on the left just interrupts and shoots the ball backwards. No idea if there's a pro feature that will try to simulate the same thing, but perhaps it just means the pro is a more controllable game?

So at this point, still interested in flipping one. Maybe not as high on it as I was at the initial announce, but keeping an eye on it.

Reactions: Joker19