• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB TMNT Pro (No Longer Looking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Buying this pin new today is an automatic 3K loss.
Who knows, maybe it is the next Stranger Things and will go up in value. (Lol) For sure there is a loss right now, but if someone played it, likes it and is at their place for the long haul, then not so bad.

If someone wants it for a couple of months "rental" then ya, NiB probably isn't the way right now.

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
I think Stranger Things is in demand because there are less than 3000 (just a guess) premiums made maybe? Stern cut them off because of the problem with the diverter. Last run was end of 2019 I think whereas TMNT has a lot more units made, and a lot more units sitting at distributors collecting dust.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Buying this pin new today is an automatic 3K loss.
If you can get out the door with a new one for $10.5 you're suggesting you'd do well to get $7.5 for a used Pro? I don't recall seeing one that cheap, I thought Spike 2 Pro's regardless of title were selling for +/- $9K pretty much all day.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
If you can get out the door with a new one for $10.5 you're suggesting you'd do well to get $7.5 for a used Pro? I don't recall seeing one that cheap, I thought Spike 2 Pro's regardless of title were selling for +/- $9K pretty much all day.
Yah most Stern Spike 2 Pros are about 9K on the used market. I believe TMNT and LZ are the two modern Sterns that took a big hit. TMNT is averaging 5,800-$6,200 USD right now on pinside and they sit for a while. People still have a tough time selling them at 6k on pinside which is about 8k Canadian. LZ same story, put it this way, if I saw a Led Zeppelin Pro for $7,000 right now, I'd still pass on it.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Yah most Stern Spike 2 Pros are about 9K on the used market. I believe TMNT and LZ are the two modern Sterns that took a big hit. TMNT is averaging 5,800-$6,200 USD right now on pinside and they sit for a while. People still have a tough time selling them at 6k on pinside which is about 8k Canadian. LZ same story, put it this way, if I saw a Led Zeppelin Pro for $7,000 right now, I'd still pass on it.
I can see what you're saying with games sitting at the $6K range on pinside for sure but I do think you've got add tax to the pinside price like HB said above, if there was a TMNT pro for $5,800 in Buffalo right now I could drive over and grab it without having to pay for shipping but I can't dodge the tax on that coming back but I believe there is some debate on whether people think it is "fair" to apply tax to the Pinside average... I think that debate usually lands on buyers don't think you should apply tax and sellers think you should :).

I think a Zep pro did sell south of $9K here though in the last 6 months or so if I'm not mistaken, but certainly not at $7K. If a Zep or TMNT Pro got listed for south of $8K I believe it would sell in minutes and potentially be relisted for more within the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.