• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB: Black Hole

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Great game, but I hope your repair skills are up to the challenge. This is a Sys80 game... If you don't know anything about Sys80 I suggest you do a LOT of research before you consider adding one of these to your collection. (these are games for people that like to fix more than play if you ask me)

D

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Menace said:
Great game, but I hope your repair skills are up to the challenge. This is a Sys80 game... If you don't know anything about Sys80 I suggest you do a LOT of research before you consider adding one of these to your collection. (these are games for people that like to fix more than play if you ask me)

D

Thanks for the heads up. I had an Elektra I sold because I had to get it repaired every second play. I regret it now and I really want another Elektra. I never really see Black Holes for sale, are they rare? I just love having the top and bottom playfields going at the same time in multiball, one normal, one backwards, just blows my mind.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
quarter grabber said:
Thanks for the heads up. I had an Elektra I sold because I had to get it repaired every second play. I regret it now and I really want another Elektra. I never really see Black Holes for sale, are they rare? I just love having the top and bottom playfields going at the same time in multiball, one normal, one backwards, just blows my mind.

There was a pretty nice looking one which sold for $1400 in Brampton on kijiji last month which was had been repinned as well as all ground mods done. They do pop up but be prepared to get your hands dirty because if it hasn't been "bullet proofed" or be prepared for another big paper weight.

Also good luck finding a HUO too ;)

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
mwong168 said:
Also good luck finding a HUO too ;)

I know it is impossible to have a HUO game that is 30 years old :lol:
Just as long as there is no playfield wear I'm good. The cab can look like shit and the back glass doesn't have to work either, just no wear on PF :)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Good luck with that. BH is not known to wear very well. I've had 4 and none of them were anywhere close to perfect, and it took me a LONG time and a PF swap to get my last one up to an ok condition.

D

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Menace said:
Good luck with that. BH is not known to wear very well. I've had 4 and none of them were anywhere close to perfect, and it took me a LONG time and a PF swap to get my last one up to an ok condition.

D

Well I guess I can live with some wear if I have to.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I now own the one that Doug mentioned above. It's probably as nice an original playfield as I've seen... and it has its issues. But nothing that would prevent me from buying it. I paid a small premium just to avoid having to deal with all the Sys80 BS.

It's a game I would love to strip one day because it would be a super easy restore and clearcoat (playfield anyway).

I love the mood it creates... and it kicks my ass hard!!!

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
DRANO said:
I now own the one that Doug mentioned above. It's probably as nice an original playfield as I've seen... and it has its issues. But nothing that would prevent me from buying it. I paid a small premium just to avoid having to deal with all the Sys80 BS.

It's a game I would love to strip one day because it would be a super easy restore and clearcoat (playfield anyway).

I love the mood it creates... and it kicks my ass hard!!!

Nice. That makes me want one even more now. I first saw one in the review below then really wanted one after. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzh0zJEcoc[/youtube]

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Black Hole and Haunted House are both great games. I will never own either because they are notorious for breaking all the time. If you thought Elektra was bad, this will be worse.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Williams Fan said:
Black Hole and Haunted House are both great games. I will never own either because they are notorious for breaking all the time. If you thought Elektra was bad, this will be worse.

Owwww, that's discouraging :( I'm not too good with repairs.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Just letting you guys know that my BH will be on the market very soon.
It's had all the necessary (and probably some unnecessary ;) ) work done to it by our very own Menace.
It's a very clean example with very nice playfields and cabinet.

Shoot me a PM if interested. Otherwise, I'll likely list it in a few days.

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
DRANO said:
Just letting you guys know that my BH will be on the market very soon.
It's had all the necessary (and probably some unnecessary ;) ) work done to it by our very own Menace.
It's a very clean example with very nice playfields and cabinet.

Shoot me a PM if interested. Otherwise, I'll likely list it in a few days.

I guess you reached the 1,000,000 point then?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
superjackpot said:
I guess you reached the 1,000,000 point then?

Sadly no :(
But I did put up some pretty decent numbers on BH in the last couple of months.

New games coming in; need to make room.

lukerp

Dec 31, 2013
Regina
Hey there,

I haven't posted here before, but was pointed this way by someone else. I have a Black Hole with clear coated playfield, good backglasses, and fair cabinet I'd like to move. A couple of the flippers are heating up coils on me at the moment; I would guess it's transistors, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I'd be willing to either dive into and get it working 100 percent, or sell it as-is. It's in the garage, and if I didn't have to lug it into my basement, I'd be a pretty happy camper. If you need references or whatnot, let me know. Cheers.

Luke