• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD 1981 Williams Solar Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca
Re: FS: 1981 Williams Solar Fire

Forgot to mention that I'm driving to Toronto on November 8th and could deliver. I'm open to reasonable offers.

I'm also mildly keeping my eyes open for a Firepower, Space Station and DE Star Wars.

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough

What about Pinbot? I have one.. in hella-awesome condition. You'd probably have to kick in a bit.

Lemme know, k,
Daniel

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca

I will accept $2k for this machine. Trade offers that include the games I listed above or broken 70's wedgeheads, woodrails or bally/stern titles also considered. Cash is king.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

Monkeybug said:
How come you aren't bashing the price on this thread like you did on Pinside?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... solar-fire

Ok I'll take your bait. Because I already did on pinside shit disturber. I believe most people on here have a Pinside account so why say it twice ;) and I do believe I was one of many who thought/think the price is a little off. Now I didn't "bash" at all, I said it seemed a bit high IMO but I don't really know the prices so I could be wrong. Then I said it might be a good buy for someone in the states. But to you that is "bashing" and do you know why? I think you know the answer to that, it is because you just come into these threads to stir the pot and sit back and watch. I feel sorry for you to have such a pathetic life :cry:

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca

quarter grabber said:
Monkeybug said:

Ok I'll take your bait. Because I already did on pinside shit disturber. I believe most people on here have a Pinside account so why say it twice ;) and I do believe I was one of many who thought/think the price is a little off. Now I didn't "bash" at all, I said it seemed a bit high IMO but I don't really know the prices so I could be wrong. Then I said it might be a good buy for someone in the states. But to you that is "bashing" and do you know why? I think you know the answer to that, it is because you just come into these threads to stir the pot and sit back and watch. I feel sorry for you to have such a pathetic life :cry:

Thanks for reminding me why life is better off the forums.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Can't we all just get along? :D

I will never understand the need to debate someone's 'asking' price other than to try and defame them publicly or call them out as a douche.

I've had to roll my eyes at many outlandish FS posts, and I've even posted a couple of doozies myself, but I've always just felt it's none of my business how the seller (or buyer for that matter) justify the price of any machine.

My momma once told me, if you don't have something nice to say....

I prefer to wait for the thread entitled "what is a fair price for a Solar Fire". Even then I'd only chime in if I had a good handle on the particular game and all of the nuances surrounding it such as condition, geographical location, rarity etc....

Just sayin'

Oh. ..and don't be such a douche Cooke :D

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Guys this forum has been nearly 100% drama free for almost 2 years now and I'd like to keep it that way. We're bending over backwards to get new members and grow the site, this sort of stuff doesn't encourage people to join. I'd also like to remind everyone of the one and only rule on this forum: no price policing. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. 'Nuff said.

I urge everyone to move this conversation to PM's.. or at the very least, move the price debate to a separate thread (and try to keep it civil - i totally encourage that)

- Brock

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

REVOLUTION said:
Guys this forum has been nearly 100% drama free for almost 2 years now and I'd like to keep it that way. We're bending over backwards to get new members and grow the site, this sort of stuff doesn't encourage people to join. I'd also like to remind everyone of the one and only rule on this forum: no price policing. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. 'Nuff said.

I urge everyone to move this conversation to PM's.. or at the very least, move the price debate to a separate thread (and try to keep it civil - i totally encourage that)

- Brock

I know Brock. There was no "bashing" and Drano and Brock there was also no "price policing" (by me anyways) please read the post I made again on pinside to fully understand.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

quarter grabber said:
I know Brock. There was no "bashing" and Drano and Brock there was also no "price policing" (by me anyways) please read the post I made again on pinside to fully understand.

Nope I know, I was just heading that one off at the pass before it started :lol:

Anyway Cooke's a world renowned pinball tech so you know you're getting a solid machine. If you sweet talk him he may even throw in some sort of warranty, who knows. ;)

The thing to always remember about pinball FS posts is they're almost always "OR BEST OFFER".

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster

REVOLUTION said:
Guys this forum has been nearly 100% drama free for almost 2 years now and I'd like to keep it that way. - Brock

I like when you say nearly........ it makes me really feel like part of the group! :lol:

Very nice game Corey, good luck with the sale, and on the forums!

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON

quarter grabber said:
Monkeybug said:

Criticizing a price = bashing (to me) especially when you (self admittedly) don't have enough knowledge on the subject. Maybe I should have used a softer word like Critique?

Maybe you are correct that I have a pathetic life for pointing out the ridiculousness of your post when you have probably about 10% of the pinball experience and knowledge that Cooke has.

Yes, it really sucks sticking up for long time friends in this hobby. :(

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

Monkeybug said:
quarter grabber said:
Monkeybug said:

Criticizing a price = bashing (to me) especially when you (self admittedly) don't have enough knowledge on the subject. Maybe I should have used a softer word like Critique?

Maybe you are correct that I have a pathetic life for pointing out the ridiculousness of your post when you have probably about 10% of the pinball experience and knowledge that Cooke has.

Yes, it really sucks sticking up for long time friends in this hobby. :(

why don't you stick up for your buddy on Pinside where people are actually bashing it? Because you are some old dude that is too afraid to stick your neck out on pinside for your "buddy". I guess everyone on pinside posts where ridiculous as well, except your non existent one defending him of course :roll: .

Status
Not open for further replies.