• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD 1981 Williams Solar Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: FS: 1981 Williams Solar Fire

quarter grabber said:
why don't you stick up for your buddy on Pinside where people are actually bashing it? Because you are some old dude that is too afraid to stick your neck out on pinside for your "buddy". I guess everyone on pinside posts where ridiculous as well, except your non existent one defending him of course :roll: .

I'd assume it's more because posting on pinside is like throwing shit at a wall, even if something sticks, it's still shit.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

I think pinside is pretty ridiculous at times... period.
I'm sure mbug and most people who've been around long enough prefer to give it a wide berth.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON

Vengeance said:
quarter grabber said:
why don't you stick up for your buddy on Pinside where people are actually bashing it? Because you are some old dude that is too afraid to stick your neck out on pinside for your "buddy". I guess everyone on pinside posts where ridiculous as well, except your non existent one defending him of course :roll: .

I'd assume it's more because posting on pinside is like throwing shit at a wall, even if something sticks, it's still shit.

Adam, I couldn't have said it anymore eloquently.

Ryan, I am not sure why you feel the need to make things personal just because I criticized a post of yours that was criticizing another post.

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca

quarter grabber said:

You know, I didn't really see any bashing on the pinside thread. A few people suggested that the price was a bit on the high side, but several more said the price was spot-on. Once you take into consideration the exchange rate (I'm speaking in Canadian dollars and the pinsiders didn't realize that at first), it becomes pretty apparent that this EXTREMELY OVERPRICED SOLAR FIRE is actually off the mark by, what, maybe $200 tops? That's negotiating territory, for sure. And for a rare game that is on many people's "grail" list. But what the fuck do I know? I've only been buying, selling and fixing up pins for 10+ years.

In a world where MM and CC have tripled in value over the course of four years, I'm not sure why anyone would care about the asking price for my Solar Fire. I've seen some pretty damn ridiculous pin prices lately, but I don't think my asking price is one of them.

Further, I've also determined in my time dealing with pinball that people can be pretty awesome. When you start saying that someone leads a "pathetic life" and that you feel sorry for them simply because of something critical they've said about you on a hobby forum, it might be time to take a step back and re-evaluate how you conduct yourself. You're not going to make many friends by being a fucking asshole. Food for thought.

Have a really great Friday.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012

cooke said:
I've seen some pretty damn pin ridiculous prices lately

Aint that the truth! And it would appear some of this stuff that's priced to the moon is actually selling!

I'm not selling my shit for cheap no more either! F that. Ask whatever you want for your pin Corey. You obviously put a shit ton of work into it.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

I remember when gas was 32 cents a litre.. I sometimes wish we still lived in that era, but then we'd all be playing Black Knights and would have really bad hair.

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario

I have just captured this. Ryan you have made a threat
A criminal code offence under section 264. I will follow up with the OP
To see if he wishes to Perdue a charge. I will formally caution you here about saying anything further

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Congrats, gents.. we now have the first thread I've ever locked on PBRev. I'm glad we're spending money on advertising to bring in newcomers, this is all very encouraging for them to stick around.............

I urge you all to take this conversation privately. It's a very diverse community, you never know who's reading -- RCMP officers for example.

The original poster is selling a nice Solar Fire for $2500 OBO. Contact him for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.