• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off" (CLOSED)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Menace said:
If WCP didn't want to compete (which clearly he didn't) there is nothing wrong with that. He made a good chunk of change being the first kid on the block, which is always the case.

Mirror blades are another good example because Joey at PDI was the only guy selling them for $150-160 for chrome and $250 for gold. Drano came in and was able to offer chrome for the same price and gold for much less. He had a good run too until these guys came along

http://pinballsidemirrors.com/products

WCP's Pinzero glare guards have always been $14.95 since I got my first pin back in 2010 and never changed. I think once I had mrxsiv pick me up a few for $10 from an Expo special but that was the cheapest. I think he knew the end was near and these things aren't exactly rocket science to reverse engineer or copy. Actually someone on the list had these reproduced locally a few years ago for around $6/each. If Kevin is content with his margins at $8usd/each selling singles or selling bulk for $4.25usd/each to us imagine how much WCP was making.