• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off" (CLOSED)

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Re: [Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off"

mwong168 said:
Updated the list and now 119 pieces! I wonder if I should ask Kevin what is the next price break at 150 pieces :p
yes ask him for a better price . mike

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

luch said:
mwong168 said:
Updated the list and now 119 pieces! I wonder if I should ask Kevin what is the next price break at 150 pieces :p
yes ask him for a better price . mike

I just sent Kevin an email to see if maybe we should cap our order off in case he can't fill the entire group buy.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

luch said:
awesome looks like will hit 150

I just hope Kevin has enough to fulfill the order and nothing has been mentioned about pricing when we hit 150 pieces so don't get your hopes up. Kevin needs to make some money for his troubles too and we should all be thankful since we are saving ~71% off the PinZero glare guard for $14.95 from PBL. I'll keep you guys posted when he gets back to me and I also encouraged him to sign up and introduce himself too.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

spiroagnew said:
Bellyaching and concerns of quality over these by the Pinside hordes. Probably due to this manufacturer undercutting the business of one of the Pinside High Council?

I could care less, that guy had been overcharging and raking in a mint for what is essentially a bent piece of plastic.

There was no way it ever cost $14 a shot for those things in bulk.

Gravy train is over finally.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

Vengeance said:
Gravy train is over finally.

In completely unrelated news in the vein of similar products with wildly different pricing strategies, looks like the U.S. guy on Pinside who sells side mirrors is having a Black Friday sale thus making his product even cheaper.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Grauwulf said:
Bump me up to 3 please. Had no idea you could use these on RFM. :D

Here is a better pic I found of it used on an RFM

157361-i.jpg

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont

spiroagnew said:
Bellyaching and concerns of quality over these by the Pinside hordes. Probably due to this manufacturer undercutting the business of one of the Pinside High Council?

Sounds like someone is butthurt.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON

I wonder if there's a market for highly reflective metalized plastic as a cheap alternative to "mirror blades"?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

So far a few people on pinside have received their glare guards from Kevin and very happy with them including Clay who ordered 100pcs for his Ann Arbor pinball museum.

157870-i.jpg

157872-i.jpg

157873-i.jpg

157874-i.jpg

157875-i.jpg

Shipping quote from Kevin by UPS for a box with 100pcs is $18 to Port Huron, MI and $41 to luch's door in Newmarket. The reason it is for 100pcs is because Kevin said any more then this it would make the package more difficult to handle due to the weight and higher chance it might get dropped or mishandled. Also I told Kevin there is no way I would want this package shipped into Canada via UPS because of their ridiculous brokerage and handling fees. I asked if he could get a quote from USPS otherwise I have a few people who have volunteered to go pick it up on the Buffalo or US side, pay the 13% taxes and then distributing via weekly TOPL network.

Anyways, I just updated the list and we are at 161 pieces in total. This group buy will be closing off tomorrow so if you guys can PM me to confirm you are still in and your amounts between today and tomorrow it will help make things go quicker. I will update your name on the list in post #1 as confirmed when you do.

Thanks
-Mike

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Thanks for all those that have confirmed and just FYI it is not too late to get on the list. I am just jumping ahead and confirming now so things can happen sooner once the group buy window closes.