• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Heighway Pinball Production Update

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Good for them-hope the game is good. Are those pictures of the production game though? Seems a little risky to have the exposed PCBs in the bottom of the cab like that...

It probably is a production game but not in finished or shipping state yet. I have seen another pic where there was a metal cover over the exposed electronics on the bottom of the cab similar to that of WOZ and P2K games.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
421475-i.jpg

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
If these guys are going to get serious about MFG, they need to ditch the cheap battery operated tools and get proper pneumatic stuff with clutches built in.

D

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Very cool to watch this process. It would be soooo awesome to be part of a team like this.

So will standard glass fit in this pin?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I watched that vid and all I could think of is what will people like Adam and Bowen think of the game? (that vid seemed like an infomercial TBH)

D

I'm going to try and lay hands on it this week so we'll see.

Code is done by a long term tournament player Brian Dominy outta Florida, I know Brian, so hopefully that bodes well.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Maybe Stern told Starburt they couldn't carry it? Which seems odd seeing as they carry JJP...

D

Heighway had asked me for some leads for distributors months ago and I put him in touch with Guylaine. Best I understand they talked it over but as he is a new company they took a pass for now.

Kind of a bummer for us, with how convenient they are to deal with for us locals, and Nitro out in BC doesn't really help us at all, but the attempt was made.

Still waiting for my Full Throttle (I'm in the first batch of 10) but they did take final payment this week and shipping is arranged through a freight company direct from UK to my house. Hopefully when Heighway gets back from ReplayFX the games will be waiting for his blessing to send out.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Played a game of it at Replay FX didn't blow me away, couldn't dive deep into it, but it functions.

Some of the shots are kinda interesting, but overall it didnt make me want one.

IMO the star of the show for me was P3 Multimorphic:

http://www.multimorphic.com/index.php/p3-pinball-platform

That was COOL! I only played one game, and I wanted to play more. Its seems to be the perfect melding of digital and physical pinball.

Reactions: maken