• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Labyrinth Pinball

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
@pinballjah: Agreed, the call outs are cringe-worthy.
@ Corrie: I also find it interesting how so many (Pinsiders) have indicated they’re buying it for their wives. Why? It’s a really mediocre flick with Bowie at his worst. Man, this is an epic artist who deserves his own pin highlighting his incredible early work.
Will be very interesting to see the staying power on this.
Regardless, an impressive first release by a new company.
Could be so much worse considering Turner Pinball’s disastrous release.
Who knows? Bowie + Jim Henson puppets = success with women?

My GF would have been pretty young when she saw it so I have a feeling she's remembering it fondly through the nostalgia lens.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Played the game at Pinball Expo. Not for me, don't like the theme and I thought there was an upper playfield but it is just a piece of plastic. Not many toys for the money they are asking. Looks well designed, hopefully they make more titles down the road.

Reactions: Jeff K. and kool1

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Played the game at Pinball Expo. Not for me, don't like the theme and I thought there was an upper playfield but it is just a piece of plastic. Not many toys for the money they are asking. Looks well designed, hopefully they make more titles down the road.

Interesting feedback. The overall majority of Pinside comments from expo are the complete opposite of what you just said(toys & sculpts aplenty on this game) when compared to similarly priced offerings from the other manufacturers. They do echo your impression that it was well designed.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Interesting feedback. The overall majority of Pinside comments from expo are the complete opposite of what you just said(toys & sculpts aplenty on this game) when compared to similarly priced offerings from the other manufacturers. They do echo your impression that it was well designed.
I am the same person that sold their GZ after three months and loves his LZ, so what do I know.

Reactions: Fifty

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I played it at PinExpo as well... While it didn't blow me away, I thought it was a solid pin. Art package was beautiful (and kind of reminded me of Oktoberfest, due to how busy it was), sound was great and playfield was good. Theme is subjective, but I think it was implemented well. Topper is stunning and I much prefer the alternate back glass. Played kind of like an American Pinball game- not fast and snappy like a Stern, but not as slow as a Williams. I asked about being able to adjust the flipper strength and was told that it was completely user adjustable. I think the toys were pretty good and it had a cool "pop up from hiding" mode that was exceptional. I would give the game a 7/10.

Reactions: coreycatt and kool1

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON

I played at Expo also (went with Zoom Zoom). I thought the game was decently loaded, absolutely. It's not for me as the theme and fantasy in general are not my thing. Solid effort, solid launch for the company. They have a second game in development so expect to see more in 2024.

Spoke with Joel Engelberth (from Flipn'Out on YouTube) and he took a Labyrinth home and will be streaming it live on Wednesday (I think) f you are interested in the game.

Last edited:

goodmanners

Jun 17, 2014
Mississauga
I swore I would never buy another new pin - prices too high.

Then my girl saw this and now I'm buying another lol. She's a huge fan and this is one of teh few pins she ever expressed an interest in.

I watched YouTube play and it looks good. The reviews from people who played so far are decent and I hope it delivers. So I've got an order in and fingers crossed.

Down the line if this is good I will probably sell a few old titles and keep Labyrinth.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Artwork is gorgeous. Rules are fun and immersive. I do like story based rules so it's a good fit for us. My wife wouldn't let me play last night lol. It's her favorite artist AND favorite movie as well. Homerun at home!

Still has some bugs to work out. shots not registering sometimes. Modes starting while already in MB (confirmed they should not). But overall it's already very solid as far as code goes. We fully understand that being part of the very first owners we will see an iterative process with code/rules getting further refined as we go along. We don't care about being on early and imperfect code. We're just grateful we will get so much time on it as opposed to waiting later in the queue when the code might be more along.

I'm planning on getting some quality time on the game this weekend, after I level it properly, tweak the flipper power a little, and connect the external sub.

I need the topper ASAP so it can match the lineup!! lol

Attachments

• IMG_6458.jpeg
    IMG_6458.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: king_pin and Ponzie

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Really enjoying the game so far. “It’s harder than you think” would be a great slogan. It’s actually really hard. The rules for the wizard mode remind me of Valinor on LOTR. You have to successfully finish all modes but you can’t redo them until they are all attempted(or reach level 4 with Hoggle or Didimus I can’t recall). I’m a decent player and can’t get more than 3-4 attempted, usually failed attempts, in 1 game. Oh and completing the 6 modes is only half of the requirements for the final wizard mode. Outlanes have no physical adjustement possible and they are sooooooo hungry.

It also reminds me a bit of “When Dinosaurs ruled the earth” on JP or “Over the Rainbow” on WoZ. Wizard modes that are unlikely to be seen by most players.

This game is 100% about stopping and controlling the play at ALL times. Oh and don't brick your shots lol. "Play better".

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
Congratulations on the game Mike! We enjoyed playing it at expo this year. Def stole the show in my opinion.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I've heard Blade Runner or 5th element or something similar (Sci-Fi from pre-2000). Can't recall exactly. It's all hush-hush and conjecture anyway. They actually took 4-5 years to develop and build Labyrinth and nobody knew about it. I think they're good at keeping secrets lol.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Topper is in!

Wow……

It’s so nice and completes the game so well.

P.S. The funky goblin hairdo is courtesy of my wife lol.

Attachments

• IMG_6662.jpeg
    IMG_6662.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 9