• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

MMR setup at Texas Pinball Festival (gameplay video too)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Rick just posted this update yesterday on the PPS site:

Weekly conference calls between PPS, Chicago Gaming, and Stern mgmt to review key status, planning, and any issues to prepare for game production, including scheduling, last details, MMR line status, game status, etc.

Transformer issue that had caused some consternation has been resolved! Issue was how spec was interpreted by Tranformer company and was fixed and no longer an issue.

Game has passed FCC and CE !

UL certification testing is in process for MMR, which involves various communication back and forth about the game, and a battery of tests in various labs to insure that the game is ‘safe’. UL is pretty standard for large commercial/home electronic/mechanical devices and something that all major pinball manufacturers certify with.

Additional Pilot games are being built now at Chicago Gaming as well as at Stern - one or more of those games will be deployed at one or more test ‘sites’ very soon.

We are wating as you are for the MMR Overview Video that should have been released featuring Roger Sharpe. The video exists and is going thru some minor edits to include additional feature description. We are all anxious for it and this is being done at Chicago Gaming so as soon as it’s available we will post it here!

Just going thru final stages of getting everything ready to turn on, so once we get UL clearance, then we will figure out scheduling with Stern who is able to put MMR either on the main line or a newly developed secondary line based on production scheduling – which will ensure that MMR’s will be able to keep rolling regardless of the introduction of any new Stern games.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The MMR promotional video featuring Roger Sharpe and the one of the MMR pre-production game that was just built a couple of weeks ago is now available … Enjoy!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SNid7uMhDFw[/youtube]

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
The trim around the doorways is too small. He should have opted for upgraded trim that is much wider, would have looked a lot nicer. The pin looks good though.. :D

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
That's a good look at some of the tech for the game if nothing else. I like the idea on the LED boards. They've also got some video on the website of a shaker test with the driver board mounted under the PF, and it looks like they've pulled off the design. We'll see how it fares in the wild though.

Now they just need to get these made and into people's hands! I wonder how many LEs are still available "loose"? There have been enough people dropping in and out of these games that it must be hard to keep track. The hobby has almost turned into "moving money from one preorder to the next" instead of actually playing pinball.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Someone recently took a Stern Expo tour and snapped this pic

303020-i.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
MMR Gameplay video at Expo and you can see the gold trim in the background there as well as black.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TJChYOnNDmY[/youtube]

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
More pics of the trim and I think the black is the winner

303667-i.jpg

303668-i.jpg

303670-i.jpg

Some more MMR game play video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwE6KQZEZyI[/youtube]