• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Next ColorDMD release is...

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
It's too bad they didn't have this capabitlity back in the 90's.
This really does look like it should've always been there.

Pharoah007

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa
tom_454 said:
The only annoying issue I have with STTNG is the dim lighting (not caused by the ColorDMD). I want to convert the playfield and backbox to partial LEDs but it is the only pin I have that really suffers from the LED flicker - badly. I read about the non-ghosting Roms for STTNG but I haven't looked into that yet. I couldn't believe how much flicker was in the backbox using CoinTaker Premium LEDs - I had to remove them. Anyway I'll start another thread about that soon.

Tom, just to check...

Is your G.I. turned ALL he way up on your SSTNG? If you turn down the G.I. brightness on Williams games the LED ghosting gets REAL bad.

This is because the G.I. brightness was controlled by how fast the bulb was "flicked" on and off. With stock bulbs, the philament would still be cooling down between these on and off states. LEDs do not "cool down" they are on or off.

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Zak, et el.

thanks for the info on the GI setting in my STTNG; that is exactly what it was. I turned it up to MAX and all the backbox GI flicker was gone. Now I have a full LEDs in the backbox and a much brighter & improved look (IMHO).

That new color DMD looks even better with the brighter translite.

Cheers.