• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

goodmanners

Jun 17, 2014
Mississauga
Hey Goodmanners, was it you that bought the TAF. If so, what condition was it in. Have you had an opportunity to play it a few times? I was supposed to go see it but something came up that took me away.

Yeah - it was good cabinet wise. Some magnet burn on playfield, missing the bookcase, no real wear on playfield. I played it. And ran the diagnostics. 2 burnt out bulbs. Solenoids all fire, Thing works. No hacked boards. Original display good. A player's gem that can be fixed if you want. But def not CQ....

Overall it's ok, played good, no really bad issues, - but not as listed in the add (which we proved was copied). Just a stock AF with the missing bookcase.

He kept saying he had a guy coming over with five grand, lol. I kept saying I have 4 cash right now for it and there's no way it's worth 5 grand. He was a complete horse trader... Pretty full of it. In the end we settled on a price I was ok with. And for the record if you post a price there is no way I am going to pay you more money once I arrive. Actually the farmer in me doesn't want to pay full price for anything anyways.

I can post up some pictures of it later on. Right now it's in the garage.

Price is so subjective. One price if I'm the seller and another if I'm the buyer was how a Quebec pinballer put it to me. And he was right.
I went because I had never seen an Adam's Family below 5g Canadian before. And I bought it because I can fix what's wrong but it's playable right now. I always wanted one. Now I have one.

Winter projects - I only have about 12. :)

Last edited:

mstellato

Mar 8, 2015
Woodbridge
I had the same rapport with him on the phone. Kept pushing for 5 because someone was going to offer him that much but kept saying not interested in a bidding war. I would have bought it to fix it up as well. If you tire and want to move it, keep me in mind. I'm looking for a project..and a way to avoid going to pick up the TOM just outside of Ottawa! It just seems so tempting.

Reactions: goodmanners

goodmanners

Jun 17, 2014
Mississauga
I had the same rapport with him on the phone. Kept pushing for 5 because someone was going to offer him that much but kept saying not interested in a bidding war. I would have bought it to fix it up as well. If you tire and want to move it, keep me in mind. I'm looking for a project..and a way to avoid going to pick up the TOM just outside of Ottawa! It just seems so tempting.

Yeah no problem. Probably not leaving anytime soon. But one day this work contract might end....
That the TOM in Quebec? I like that game but never seem to be in a rush to buy it.

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
$500 can be too much for a Xenon or any other pin for that matter depending on condition regardless of whether I own one or not. Pins that were destroyed by Katrina can be had for $100 and that was too much for firewood. Just my CPR gold playfield alone is about $1500 now with the tax , shipping and exchange, provided if you can still find one.;)

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
$500 can be too much for a Xenon or any other pin for that matter depending on condition regardless of whether I own one or not. Pins that were destroyed by Katrina can be had for $100 and that was too much for firewood. Just my CPR gold playfield alone is about $1500 now with the tax , shipping and exchange, provided if you can still find one.;)
I would agree condition is king. If yours is how you describe then it would indeed be worth every penny you say. However most Xenons are in fair condition and not worth that much, IMO.

Wedge Head

Aug 3, 2015
Ontario, Canada
So quick question about worn out playfields people are talking about. If a new modern, replica play field is put in(so, therefore the original is no longer there) does that decrease the value since original playfield is no longer there?

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
If you had 2 of the same machine side by side one with a repro pf and one original in tje same condition...
Original #s matching all the way for more value.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I sent the guy an email saying I'll take it, would love to add another machine to the classic Stern collection, but means I'll have to sell something in the process if I get it