• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
I have a question. The Target Alpha says "shopped", and I'm curious what the heck that could mean.

The playfield is way worse then the one I picked up "as is" from Mitch-a. on here. I'd there a reasonable definition of what "shopped" entails or is it just a throw-away word for selling purposes. ?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
"Shopped" should mean:
- top side of playfield has been stripped down for a good clean and waxing
- all rubbers and bulbs changed
- switches have been tested and adjusted to register 100% or consistently
- flippers been rebuilt

Basically it means the game has been gone over and much like a car after so many plays on a pinball machine these things need to be gone over to ensure the game is playing the best that it can. Everyone's standards are different because some might just spit in a rag and wipe down whatever they can reach in the playfield and consider that shopped because the game flips.

RJW

Nov 16, 2012
Woolwich, ON
I have a question. The Target Alpha says "shopped", and I'm curious what the heck that could mean.

The playfield is way worse then the one I picked up "as is" from Mitch-a. on here. I'd there a reasonable definition of what "shopped" entails or is it just a throw-away word for selling purposes. ?

I shopped the game in question probably a couple years ago. The top side of the playfield was completely torn down, new rubbers, bulbs, and made sure everything worked.

The wear on the playfield has nothing to do with whether it was shopped or not, the ad doesn't say it was restored.

If it's the same TA that you bought from Mitch that I'm thinking of, it was dirty, non-working and needed a lot of work.

And no, it's not my game, just trying to clear up the typical misinformation that seems to get posted.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford

Looks like there is a "no tax November" promotion happening now.
1a116bc44122be8f20d06bbc35ec3e4f.jpg
eafd431cbdf07627df908fdc37201a97.jpg

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario

oh and i quickly saw that ad and thought it was your game guard with similar pf wear.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Nope.....after playing a (what I guess I'd consider shopped) one here in Guelph while buying his Space Odyssey I want it fixed up asap.

It's going nowhere....

Reactions: Chris G

Chris G

Aug 4, 2016
Guelph
Hey Guard,
My Target Alpha in Guelph was serviced by Corey Cooke in London, at my house, with me doing a little and him doing a lot, but it terms of looks, the playfield was minty fresh, and how I got it. It had been in a house basement as part of a sale for many years non working. I replaced all the rubbers, lights and broken and missing lane guides, which had electrical tape as substitutes. All work is documented here, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154187207460693.1073741854.700900692&type=1&l=7668a3819b
Couldn't have been happier as my first machine, and continued on from there.
Chris

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Hey Guard,
My Target Alpha in Guelph was serviced by Corey Cooke in London, at my house, with me doing a little and him doing a lot, but it terms of looks, the playfield was minty fresh, and how I got it. It had been in a house basement as part of a sale for many years non working. I replaced all the rubbers, lights and broken and missing lane guides, which had electrical tape as substitutes. All work is documented here, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154187207460693.1073741854.700900692&type=1&l=7668a3819b
Couldn't have been happier as my first machine, and continued on from there.
Chris

Corey Cooke is the go to guy when it comes to EM and SS game repairs. I've played a few games that were previously owned or worked on by him and they were solid. Not sure if he is taking in new clients at the moment but you can check out his website and youtube channel here

http://londonpinball.ca
https://www.youtube.com/user/cookepinball

Reactions: Chris G