• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Painting my Centigrade 37 cabinet

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I figured I'd close the loop on this project.
I spent a good chunk of last week getting the C37 playfield populated and calibrated.
As per usual, there are always a few errors or glitches when re-assembling a game; at least when I do it :FP:

After cleaning and gapping a ton of the playfield switches, most of the problems went away. I had a pesky problem with my 10pt switches not working. It ended up being dirty connectors. A quick clean with a metal brush solved that. Then, some pop-bumper adjustments, some new flipper components, repaired a couple of bad light sockets and added new lights as needed and even swapped out new shiny white posts from PBR. She is almost as good as new! I was originally planning on doing a few little touch-ups where any white paint was chipped or worn on the main cabinet, but I decided to leave a little bit of "character" on the old girl.

I can't believe how it plays. The game is so smooth now that the cupping is gone and the balls rolls perfectly and predictably. I was concerned the smooth clear, extra high leg levelers and the orange dot flipper coils would alter gameplay too much.... but that is not the case at all. It still feels like an EM; just one that came out of the box yesterday :D

To make things even better, it rewarded me with a special on my first game!

Attachments

• IMG_5019.JPG
    IMG_5019.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 947
  • IMG_5032.JPG
    IMG_5032.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 947
  • IMG_5049.JPG
    IMG_5049.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 947

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I've seen Adriano's C37 when he first got it over a year ago and in it's various stages of tear down, touch up and clear coat. I'm sure it looks even better in person then the pics show here and can't wait to play it.

paparufus

May 24, 2013
toronto
DROOL !!!!! I've seen the playfield in person and it's to die for.

I see my Jacks Open on it's end in the final picture. Let's hope some of that C37 magic rubs off on my game.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I am thinking about "perfectly" restoring my C-37.
Like I really need any more projects. Urk, not.
Drano will be even less thrilled I guarantee.
It will be shelved for a year at least.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
WARLOCK said:
I am thinking about "perfectly" restoring my C-37.
Like I really need any more projects. Urk, not.
Drano will be even less thrilled I guarantee.
It will be shelved for a year at least.

I am happy to advise :D

These days I am underwater with the number of projects on my plate!