• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball - Behind The Scenes - The Offline World

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Here is a preview for next chapter and yesterday's adventure Scott

15592355216_614c98fb79_b.jpg

Always a good thing when there is +1 more Congo or any pin in general in Canada :cool:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Congo has been on the WTB list since the spring of 2014. (I blame Wong)
Almost none come up in Ontario. 28 months was enough time. My longest wait for a pin ever.
South of the border we can at least obtain these pins. Not price friendly, but here now at least.

Happy Warlock.

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
How did Wong find fast ed a Congo for his first pin in September if you haven't been able to find one for 2 years? I love my congo maybe my favorite pin. Bought it on here less then a year ago.

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
It's nice to see a pin come up from the states. I've seen two go from here down to the states in the last couple months. I sold my sopranos to a guy in Detroit.

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Congrats Warlock!

mitch_a, from what I read, I think Warlock secured this Congo back in August. I started looking in September, and timing just happened to match jooky who was looking to move his.

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
Very cool, totally missed the part about august. How you liking it fast ed. They really don't come up offen here. You got very lucky with your timing. The is a really beat up one in a laundry mat near me that doesn't even work but the owners won't tell me who owns it.

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Enjoying it very much, as are the kids. I finally saw the movie. It was so bad that it was actually entertaining. I laughed at all the shout outs. Hippos!

It looks lonely by itself though, hopefully, I can add to the collection soon. Exciting times ahead in the pinball world it seems.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
OK, here we go.

Wong has a Congo - loves it. Not for sale. I play it, Wong makes me want one. (He has that effect on people)
Barry (Superjackpot) has a Congo - loves it. Not for sale. I play it, still love it, and will bide my time for this game.
Steve (Jooky) and Barry have a deal going on, and Congo is moving, and other deals come into play, which is good for all.

But, Warlock has no Congo still, and that is just fine. So, I initiate bringing one home from the US. This is not new territory for me at all.
I have brought 26 pins home from the USA in 30 months. 15 are keepers and 10 others I have brought home and passed on to friends, no problem.
Congo is #26 if my count is correct.

I will also reciprocate and take pins back south for friends if I am able to find what they want and "pay-it-forward". It is a two-way street for us.
12% US dollar exchange rate, and 13% taxes at the border makes a $2400 US Congo a $3000 CAN Congo instantly. "0 $ for travel, fuel and food for trip."
(that is how we roll)

Suck it up, but I now have a Congo at home, and you can do it if you want, and you can pass if you don't want.
That is pinball baby.

Cheers.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
You have a line-up for you pins Adam.
I don't even ask anymore, except for the one...

Don't get me wrong, I would take many of them, gladly.
But, guys see you every week, and I don't want to intrude.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Intrude away :)

You could hang out weekly as well if you ever decided to make good on your threat and start attending topl :p

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
mitch_a said:
How did Wong find fast ed a Congo for his first pin in September if you haven't been able to find one for 2 years? I love my congo maybe my favorite pin. Bought it on here less then a year ago.

This isn't the first Congo Wong has found for someone and Scott has many pin deals on the go and other problem is he wants everything! I know where there are two other local Congo pins that could be potentially for sale but don't bother PMing me to ask who because I won't say and if time comes I already have homes for them already ;)

FastEd said:
Enjoying it very much, as are the kids. I finally saw the movie. It was so bad that it was actually entertaining. I laughed at all the shout outs. Hippos!

It looks lonely by itself though, hopefully, I can add to the collection soon. Exciting times ahead in the pinball world it seems.

I watched it for first time not long after I helped you get your Congo. The makes a lot more sense now and always wondering what ZINJ inlanes were for, relevance to satellite and why Amy's right hand on the top left corner had silver on it and now I know it it her talking device. That same week I also watched Johnny Mnemonic for the first time too and game makes more sense now but that is 1.5 hours of my life I will never get back because it was a horrible movie!

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I have a Congo and I found a MINT Congo for a friend of mine here in Ottawa a couple months ago locally. I also know of 2 others in the Ottawa area for a total of 4 here.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Several Congo's out there for sure. (most are spoken for that I know of)
I just decided to go south and bring another Congo home to join the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.