• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Skit-B Sh*t Storm

Kazowi

Nov 30, 2012
Flamborough
There is a ton of discussion regarding Predator Pin over on Pinside. I know of a few peeps on this board that are in, or were in at sometime.

I'm surprised that nobody has started a thread on this yet, so here it is

Who's in? Who's out? Who's request a refund and got one?

Am I the only dumbass that's still in on this project??

Every time I read the shit flying around on Pinside, my head starts to spin.

Predator 49

Last edited:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I'm still in (and I know at least 4 other local guys that are), but I've been trying to get in touch with Kevin for the past couple of weeks without any luck...

His latest "state of the union" email he sent out yesterday was interesting in regards to the licensing issue. Wonder which Mfg is slated to build it too?

D

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
I was in early. Early enough to request the "next to last" serial number and was trying to organize a "truckload" delivery to GTA. However I was likely almost the first one out as well. Just had a bad feeling about it and the theme wasn't sitting right with me after a bit of reveal. Too bad, the project got off the ground with a lot of steam, I really hope it will come to be.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'm still in, paid in full.

It is a gamble for sure, but from my perspective it comes down to this.

You either have to believe the person you are in business with and the person responsible for the project telling you that while there are problems, things will move forward and games will get built.

or

A bunch of random internet morons with no actual stakes in the project screaming that the sky is falling and coming up with every hair brained and craptacular opinion on what they think is going on.

I choose to believe SkitB. For those who have been in the hobby long enough, the is the exact same course that BBB took. Tons of hate and speculation about how Gene couldn't do this, or couldn't do that, didn't have this board, or couldn't get that part. In the end it got made, took longer then expected with lots of bumps along the way, but it got done.

I expect there will still be more bumps in the road, but it will get made.

Reactions: Menace

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Mandatory listening (Coast to Coast Pinball) for all members in on Predator, or anyone wanting to slow the car down to look at the wreckage at the side of the road:

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episod...eking-the-story-in-a-dark-scary-jungle-_40942

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episod...o-one-plays-it-or-find-the-eject-button_42848

The second linked episode covers some advice from host Nate to both Skit B and JPOP concerning their business practices....Drano will get a double dose on that one!

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Mandatory listening (Coast to Coast Pinball) for all members in on Predator, or anyone wanting to slow the car down to look at the wreckage at the side of the road:

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episod...eking-the-story-in-a-dark-scary-jungle-_40942

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episod...o-one-plays-it-or-find-the-eject-button_42848

The second linked episode covers some advice from host Nate to both Skit B and JPOP concerning their business practices....Drano will get a double dose on that one!

Just one more random internet noob with no skin in the game talking like he knows everything

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Me? Or the host of the show?

Both? :D The host specifically, I listened to it when it first game out, all he says is I heard from someone who I can't name that shit is bad. But my unnamed source is in the know.....

Right....

I'm more interested in what the PinballNews article will have to say since they have been dealing directly with the source for their article.

Not some friends, uncle's, cousins, sister, know's a guy who said Predator wasn't going to happen.

mark

Administrator
Nov 14, 2012
I was in paid in full, got my money back in fall of 2014. Just wasn't for me.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I have no money on this game, I have been following along for quite a while.
Here's the best break down that I've seen, as summarized from pinside. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Perspex

Jun 20, 2013
Requested a refund (thankfully not fully paid in) 3 weeks ago, with the expected no response.
I'm just not into this game anymore, and frankly have a few other things I'd rather buy with the
deposit money...if I ever see it again.
If there isn't any good info next week, I'll try calling and chatting with PayPal and my CC/Bank.
Such a train wreck this project turned out to be, it really is such a shame.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Wow! I just finished reading the pinball news story.

.....best case scenario, the game gets built by someone else, whom has a license. There will likely be changes to the games art, music and call outs; and the whole project is probably pushed back at least another year. In my humble opinion.

I do believe these games will be made, and the preordered games will be shipped to eager pinheads.