• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SS Pinball Machine - What is your favourite?

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
What is your favourite SS machine? Any era will do.

Space Shuttle. 1984 Williams.

For me, nothing else is better; or got more quarters out of me than this single machine.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Re: Favourite SS (what is your?)

High Speed...it will never leave. When that siren is going and the pulsing lights of the police chase are lighting up the room, there is no finer moment in pinball for me.

If you buy mine after my death, you'll have to promise not to vacuum the cabinet, because I'm thinking maybe sprinkle some ashes in there.

Can't be worse than cigarette butts, right?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

First time playing it this weekend at Adam's but I would have to say it is now Radical!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Whoa, "no ramps no DMD's, no thanks rule" from Wongneau has a potential to be broken one day yet perhaps!
Although, I am pretty sure there are no DMD's in Mike's basement currently he would let go even for Radical.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

WARLOCK said:
Whoa, "no ramps no DMD's, no thanks rule" from Wongneau has a potential to be broken one day yet perhaps!
Although, I am pretty sure there are no DMD's in Mike's basement currently he would let go even for Radical.

Well right now I am still evaluating if Tron Pro is something I see myself keeping for a longer period of time. I have read through Pinballnews game play review once and someone on pinside made a 2 page summary or cheat sheet based on it too.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

Right now it would be next to leave my collection but I will give it a chance and in no rush to move it out unless something pop up that I have on my wish list. If I had more space you can bet I will have a little bit from each era of pins for more variety.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

If we're talking early ss (as in 1980's) I would have to go with either Eight Ball Deluxe or Black Hole.
I enjoy both immensely and both can be very challenging when it comes to posting high scores. The sounds on BH are perfect.
It pretty much sounds like most other early ss, but with that theme, it actually works ;)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Drano, your back bro! We missed you this weekend. The competition on BH was not the same @ Menace's gathering without you.
I felt no urge to be continually punished on Doug's BH without you pushing me to the next good shot, even if you still kick my ass
at this game. Looking forward to playing again soon. Now that you have your own BH, that should be a "much watch" restore!

slacker

Nov 15, 2012
Hamilton Ontario

The Getaway Highspeed II
A few TOPL members have it and love playing everytime!
Gear shifter, Lights, Cops need I say more!
I would love to have one but my basement is too low for the flasher and If I can't have that it's just not the same :(

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Yeah, both HS and HS2 are solid contenders. They're a lot newer than some of the earlier games, but I guess they still qualify.

slacker

Nov 15, 2012
Hamilton Ontario

DRANO said:
Yeah, both HS and HS2 are solid contenders. They're a lot newer than some of the earlier games, but I guess they still qualify.

Earlier I would have said Hunted House but I have that one so tried to think what would I replace it with. :)

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough

I may be the only one on the planet (pun intended....) Stern Galaxy

Great theme, progressive early SS (most early SS are just glorified 4 player EMs imho), awesome artwork, sounds integrate beautifully unlike so many early SS.

Properly set up and cleaned, lots of fun. Advancing the planets for Special or Extra Ball, a mini flashing light show when you spell Galaxy.. yep, my fave SS, despite the lack of love it gets.

Daniel

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

Taxi.

This was the first pinball that I played back in the day where I was able to learn there was actual rules to the game and goals to achieve.

I haven't played it in over 20 years, I'm actually a little sad how rare it seems, none of the topl hosts have it.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada

McMean said:
I may be the only one on the planet (pun intended....) Stern Galaxy

Great theme, progressive early SS (most early SS are just glorified 4 player EMs imho), awesome artwork, sounds integrate beautifully unlike so many early SS.

Properly set up and cleaned, lots of fun. Advancing the planets for Special or Extra Ball, a mini flashing light show when you spell Galaxy.. yep, my fave SS, despite the lack of love it gets.

Daniel

Yer not the only Dan ..first time I went to Allentown it was a game I seeked out immediately .. good memories playing Galaxy (hell I have the backglass up on the wall) .. not my favourite SS but a good one

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.

+1 on the Galaxy, my first pin I owned, had mine for close to 10 years now, getting some competition from my Devils Dare though, its being played a lot. :twisted:

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa

Williams Diner.
Love the overall look, theme, voice calls, mysic, art, cup toy, animated backglass, and the general story if the game "serve all the customers their food".
The game is not super complicated at all, but the total package is so good it doesn't matter to me.