• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Derek, very nice.
I spent 12 hours at work today.
I came home to find a house full of wives and children.
Ready to play pins, and one more of these stools would have come in handy.
Cheers.
Scott

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Mike, lol hard. I arrived home from a 12 hour work day to find my wife, another wife, and 4 children. 2 are mine.
I taught pinball to them as best as I was able to. They all had great fun. More another time. Time to sleep. Cheers.

slacker

Nov 15, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
Went down and played some Pinbot on Free play in a little pub called Stowaways in Hamilton! This is not my first time to this little place in the Hammer to play pinball. It's owned by I guy that opened a little place on Parkdale in Toronto that had a few Pins some of you might know :D
Tonight he had live bands playing. The beer was flowing cold and the Pinbot was on Free play, Food was awesome like always.
Always a good time, keep up the good work Toronto has no idea what they could have had.
Its worth the road trip to the Hammer Open Daily from 5-2am.
Cheers!

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
luch said:
how many wives do you have ? are you some middle eastern shiek !

Mike, the 2nd woman is actually my 2nd wife. I had no idea she was flirting with another guy - I was out buying baseball players at auction with my 2nd wife's first husband.

That clear it all up?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Had my pseudo bachelor party last night. I dont drink, so it wasnt a shit show or anything, but my god the food was flowing and the rest of the guys were drinking. We went to the new Buffalo Wild Wing at Weston/Major Mack. Awesome food, amazing atmosphere. No pins though.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
I guess I have made a dedicated post for my love of Ikea stools, but wanted to mention they fit PERFECTLY under the pinball machines as well, so when the kids are not playing, they slide out of the way. We are going to stain them purple to match the decor. It is going to rock!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
So, apparently I sold one more pinball machine again today. Going to a new pinball buyer with no pins yet.
However, I didn't do it.....

Thanks to Mike Wong for enabling once again on my behalf.

(DIBS -IF and WHEN you sell it is my price, plus current cost of course)
I am ok with that and I hope the new buyer enjoys.

One more pin to sell, and I can replace it with a different one. (Do I have room to unwrap it is the real question?)

More another day. Cheers.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
WARLOCK said:
So, apparently I sold one more pinball machine again today. Going to a new pinball buyer with no pins yet.
However, I didn't do it.....

Thanks to Mike Wong for enabling once again on my behalf.

(DIBS -IF and WHEN you sell it is my price, plus current cost of course)
I am ok with that and I hope the new buyer enjoys.

One more pin to sell, and I can replace it with a different one. (Do I have room to unwrap it is the real question?)

More another day. Cheers.

This post confuses me... You sold, but you didnt, you have one more to sell?

I guess Im not following topic so well.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
meegis said:
This post confuses me... You sold, but you didnt, you have one more to sell?

I guess Im not following topic so well.

Scott did sell a game to my friend who has been wanting to get into the hobby but always seems to get cold feet at the very last minute and hung up on vids. I finally have him convinced that you won't get a better opportunity to find out if pinball is for you or not. You buy a game with a guaranteed arrangement it will be bought back for the same money if you decide in a few days or weeks you don't like it. He was also hung up on wanting a Theatre of Magic as his first and only pinball until he found out what a decent working example would cost him. I finally got him over during that family day long weekend in February and he got to play my Theatre of Magic. It also helped open his eyes to other cheaper games that are just as much fun and no surprise he wanted me to find him a Congo after he left that day :)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
meegis,

I didn't mean to be cryptic. Thanks Mike for posting. I sometimes forget that not everyone knows what I am talking about.

The other part of the story is that I have previously bought about 40 pins. I have room in various places for 25 max.

So I made a rule in November that I must sell 2 pins in order to buy 1 new pin. I am @ 9 pins out, and only 4 pins in
since November. The plan is working. 1 more pin to sell, and then 1 more that I arranged to buy, and that is my last
deal requirement under these self imposed rules.

Then I am back down to 25 pins, or 26 if you count my empty widebody pin cab for pinmame project Wong will asssist me
with in 2014 or so, when we both find the spare time.

It was a good rule to stop buying and make some room. All my pins have sold through friends and from referrals. No ads posted.

I sold my pins @ my cost to get some new people into pinball, and share some machines around, or at a mutually agreed rate by
both parties for each particular machine. The only deal is if they want to sell it, I have first DIBS (at the same price) and
then I will sell them something else at a mutually agreed fair price. Repeat the same deal as long as there is interest to do so.

It maintains pin prices at a reasonable level for everyone involved, and allows collectors with only 1 or a few machines to change
their lineup when the time comes. The point is just to reassess and be fair with each other.

If a pin is at my house, or at my shop, or at a friends house, it makes no real difference other than geography. We get together
so we can play each others pins from time to time.
Everyone wins.

Scott

Selling my collection of dedicated vids may require the posting of some ads though. lol

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Happy to assist with posting the vid ads!

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of F14 Dave, who will assist me in getting Grand Lizard downstairs, and the new armchairs for the living room out of my van. They were the real price for my getting Grand Lizard!

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Wow! Sounds like an incredible night Luckydogg! Hope the bride is kind to your friend.

Well, my night wasn't bad either. I had a visit from our good friend Brock tonight as he was delivering what he informs me is the last nib Tron in Canada. (Well at least that he or I know of that's not sitting in someone's basement waiting to double in value). Obviously I'm extremely stoked to have my second ever pin and first nib!

But what blows me away even more is the experience I've had over the last couple of weeks and the amazing people I've met in this hobby (mostly on here). Mike, Barry, Brock and all the guys I've chatted with as well (Adriano, Daniel)
Thanks for all of your advice and guidance! As a noob who blew his brains out on his first pin (don't tell me you didn't do it too) I've learned a ton in a short time. Opening your homes and games to complete strangers because we share this obscure love/obsession for something extremely cool...pinball addiction!!
You guys rock!

Now Mike, about those Tron mods you're going to help me with..... ;)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
tkaye said:
Now Mike, about those Tron mods you're going to help me with..... ;)

Someone selling their Arcade v1.0 mod for $100 delivered to Allentown and sure someone on here who is going down wouldn't mind picking this up for you if you want to make payment arrangements.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... abinet-v10

I think the latest 2.5/3.0 revision of this is $250+shipping for pretty much the same thing and the money you save could be put towards other mods such as EL wires for your ramps, hallmark light cycles, flipper fidelity speaker upgrade kit, etc... Anyways, congrats on getting your first NIB and hope your experience for your second game was much more positive then your first.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Not the same thing at all.. the Cab mod v2.1 is LEAGUES better. v1.0 uses your existing cab (which looks like crap). v2.1 uses a laser-cut scale model of the Tron game, complete with high-res decals and a black light LED underneath the joystick. Coolest mod ever, IMO.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
REVOLUTION said:
Not the same thing at all.. the Cab mod v2.1 is LEAGUES better. v1.0 uses your existing cab (which looks like crap). v2.1 uses a laser-cut scale model of the Tron game, complete with high-res decals and a black light LED underneath the joystick. Coolest mod ever, IMO.

I am trying to find him a v2.1 or higher arcade mod right now but I will take a v1.0 over nothing and it is a very cool mod. I might have >2.1 mod lined up for him as we speak, god I love spending other people's money :twisted:

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
My favorite part of Tron wasn't playing it, but listening to daft punk and watching the oled screen in a trance-like state. Sweet. Gotta get the 2.1 mod if you've got a tron.