• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Spent the day working at F14 Dave's. Mostly deck repair, opened pool, etc. He's bought a new house, and part of the plan today was to pull F14 and his CT multi for staging, but to our mutual surprise the stager loved them, and they're staying.

I wasn't in the hobby the last time I moved, and I'll be carted out of here in a pine box, so it got me wondering - when selling, what happens to the pins? Anyone been thru that recently?

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
brewmanager said:
I wasn't in the hobby the last time I moved, and I'll be carted out of here in a pine box, so it got me wondering - when selling, what happens to the pins? Anyone been thru that recently?

Agent wanted as many folded as possible when we recently sold. I had four in the basement at the time. Warlock/Scott took one (and held onto the one coming back in trade until after the house sold, thanks for that buddy!), and two were folded and jammed into the laundry room, well concealed. TAF from the container arrived three days before the house hit the market so it was strategically shoved in a corner on the main floor and draped in a tablecloth. The main reason the agent wanted them minimized is that our old basement was really small and they dominated, making the space look even smaller. And also, she said pin collecting showed a sign of lots of disposable income, which I guess looks bad? In retrospect, I think things would have rolled out exactly the same if all four were set up. We are happy in the new place...lots of space to expand in the new basement. Would love to hear other experiences.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
The DE's are gone, but a new pin has filled the gap... (pic is taken in the front hall, not its final placement)

10361414_699567187500_7066160873097919596_n.jpg

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Budfan said:
Congrats Meegis TFLE is a very addictive pin!
It seems to be, though to be 100% honest I have other games higher on my list, so who knows what may happen. I do love it though. Its a terrible mixed bag for me. This was NIB which for me is the first time. I have installed the update pack from Stern (plastic protectors and cannon protector, etc.) and played a bunch of games yesterday.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
WARLOCK said:
Congrats on the new pinball purchase! Enjoy it.
Contrary to popular belief, this is a really good, fun pin.
Absolutely agree, but like I said, if something else higher on my list pops up I may consider trading. Ironically enough the pins I want (most, not all) are much less money than this LE was.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
Gave my notice at work on Friday. Custom and repro parts will soon be my main bread earner (which is why I may seem so defensive about it sometimes ;) )

More news to follow.

Congrats Brock, I know it has been a long time and coming.

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Congrats Brock. It's nice to stop doing something you don't want to do and focus on something that brings you more joy. Hope it all works out for you!!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
REVOLUTION said:
Gave my notice at work on Friday. Custom and repro parts will soon be my main bread earner (which is why I may seem so defensive about it sometimes ;) )

More news to follow.

Yay!!! no more 2-3 hour work commutes in the winter or smashing into guard rails :lol:

Congrats Brock and about fucking time! I'm sure everyone in the PBREV/Pinside community will support all your future endeavors.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
There is no point in keeping The Dark Knight if you hardly play it. Congrats on bringing home a nice Family Guy and humor on this pin is great from what I have been told by fans of the show.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
mwong168 said:
There is no point in keeping The Dark Knight if you hardly play it. Congrats on bringing home a nice Family Guy and humor on this pin is great from what I have been told by fans of the show.

Yeah it was a really nice example too. It had 116 total plays on it. I only have a few games on it but I already like it way better then BDK. Family Guy has a ton of different shots and lots to do. BDK gets really old really fast, you're pretty much just shooting for multiball all the time and there are really only three shots you ever make. Wasn't really sad to see it go. I should have listened to you and Adam :FP:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
quarter grabber said:
Family Guy has a ton of different shots and lots to do.

No it doesn't :mrgreen:

You can boil the game down to one shot, the right orbit, it's why I got rid of mine.

Right Orbit:

Lights TV Modes, missed shots spell pinball, and awards points during every single mode.

I boiled the entire game down to, shoot right orbit, don't flip upper flipper, live catch on left, and then either shoot the scoop for TV mode or shoot the right orbit more to light TV mode. Then when in TV mode, shoot right orbit more

Only other shot I might go after is if I'm on the right flipper, I'll go for Chris to get to Evil Monke, but that's it.

Game is quite shallow

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Awe, way to rain on my parade Adam :( . Just kidding, your input is always appreciated. You were right in the end on what you said about BDK, so maybe I will find you were right here too, we will see. I do love the theme though, I love the Family Guy show.