• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
spiroagnew said:
Lots of requests for a Bad Cats shooter rod?

Not really, no... it's my favourite Python game and I figured with the recently loss, what the heck.

Pic's below, bottom one is a work-in-progress for Meegis. ;)

Attachments

• 251690.jpg
    251690.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 906
  • 251691.jpg
    251691.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 906
  • 251692.jpg
    251692.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 906
  • 251694.jpg
    251694.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 906
  • 251695.jpg
    251695.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 906

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Haven't updated in a little bit, late last week I went back to a client's place to finish up repairs on his Eight Ball Champ and Swords of Fury, got SoF all sorted out, fixed almost everything on EBC, but still having issues with the speech. Back to the drawing board on that one.

Yesterday I went back to complete repairs on an F14, replaced a corroded switch matrix connector and replaced a few bulbs, fully working again. Repaired a locked on coil on a Bally Future Spa and took a quick look at a Midway Slugger pitch and bat and a Stern Pinball.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Elliot stopped by around 11pm last night in his PJs to play some MM till about 1am.

14489819256_a670341d03_b.jpg

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
FInally got around to setting up XMen game. Had a good enough game to now have GC score. Fixed Whirlwind (flipper dirty), blown fuse in WOZ (that game never runs), cleaned some things. Off rest of week and hope to get Champion Pub cleaned up and set up. Need to make room for new Iron Man game, I see pictures of them manufacturing those.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Went to fireworks in a small town called Packenham, they had a 8 ball deluxe in the arena, but it was not plugged in, looked like it had new rubbers, playfield looked pretty rough ...

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
mitch_a said:
Picked up a undocumented huo mint sopranos today to add to my collection!

Ah so you are the one that picked up the $3500 Sopranos. Good find! Someone on Pinside posted a side by side comparison of the Sopranos and LOTR and they are nearly identical playfields. Looks like fun, enjoy :)

maken

Jan 2, 2014
Kitchener
quarter grabber said:
Ah so you are the one that picked up the $3500 Sopranos. Good find! Someone on Pinside posted a side by side comparison of the Sopranos and LOTR and they are nearly identical playfields. Looks like fun, enjoy :)

This is a legit mint Sopranos, I played it at Mitch's last night. One of the nicest cabinets I've ever seen.

It's amazing how fast a pin will sell when priced correctly! Who would've known? (http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=120&start=1250#p22496)

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
maken said:
quarter grabber said:

This is a legit mint Sopranos, I played it at Mitch's last night. One of the nicest cabinets I've ever seen.

It's amazing how fast a pin will sell when priced correctly! Who would've known? (http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=120&start=1250#p22496)

Ha, you called that one. You must be able to see the future :)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats on the ACDC meegis. Don't forget to take it off 5 ball and erase all high scores from previous owner since they are not valid :lol:

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
mwong168 said:
Congrats on the ACDC meegis. Don't forget to take it off 5 ball and erase all high scores from previous owner since they are not valid :lol:
Funny enough, I top scored it when I played at his house.

Though, I did a full software update on it last night, so nothing remains and is now set on 3-ball and factory difficulty.

My scores are representative of that, :cry:

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Well, I've been wanting to add something to my McKee topper on my LOTR LE for a while now. Bought the Gollum and Smeagol posable figures a while ago, and finally got around to finishing this off today.

Drilled out the eyes (f**cked up one of Smeagols eyes, doh!), glued in some nano lights, attached to speaker wire and ran through the cab hooking into GI (for now, might try flasher). Heres the end result. I decided to give Gollum red eyes (evil), and Smeagol white eyes (Good).

Attachments

• Smeagol.JPG
    Smeagol.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 677
  • Gollum.JPG
    Gollum.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 677
  • Mod.JPG
    Mod.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 677

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
Picked up a HUO stern 2007 spiderman including original goody bag. Owner never even removed the glass from it since brand new. Crazy odds two HUO sterns in a week both from non collectors who had only the one game and didnt even know how to lift the play field or put games on free play. Both used coins to get credits.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats on both your pick ups and you've been on quite the buying spree lately mitch! I wouldn't be too surprised and I have come across a few non pinheads like that who don't know a clue about their game except for playing it. The seller I bought my very first pin from didn't even know you could fold the head down. It took him about 6-7 hours to move it into his apartment with legs on and head up :FP:

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Last night I crossed over the border for the first time to buy a game. The game got shipped from Colorado to a kinek terminal in Buffalo (thanks for the suggestion from here), that's where I picked it up from. My friend and I made it to the place just before it closed yesterday but we called them en route so they had my game sitting waiting for me. The game is a really beautiful huo The Simpsons Pinball Party...Woohoo! Unfortunately one of the legs was damaged during shipping... Doh! Thankfully no damage to the cabinet or anything other than that one leg...Woohoo! I'll write the shipping company to see if they will reimburse for the leg since I did pay en extra $40 for insurance on it. In the end I'm not sure it's worth too much messing around over the cost of a new leg. It still sits the same height it just looks like garbage so I put it at the back until I can get a replacement.
qy6yzety.jpg

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
mwong168 said:
Congrats on TSPP brad! Was the game shipped with the legs on?
Thanks! I'm really pumped to finally get one. It's been the game on my radar for a long time that I've been working towards. Yes the game was shipped with the legs on through STI.