• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Indiana Jones has been prepped and going to its new home tomorrow. It was nice to have it in my home for a month and did play it at least every other day but I concluded that the theme and integration is one of the best ever in pinball but the game play wasn't for me.

9376181772_3a363353b1_c.jpg

Tonight after work I drove up to Adam's with my brother in-law Keith and finally brought a very nice Johnny Mnemonic (#2) back into the line up again and this one will be staying this time.

9376182406_70f90509a7_c.jpg

Going to re-install the outlane posts, adjust the right flipper and do some general cleaning on the playfield over the weekend otherwise the game plays great and so happy to have it back in my line up again. The combos, ramps and loops on this game is insanely fast and you feel so good when you hit them all back to back.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Added one more game yesterday.
I figured I was done at 5 wedgeheads but there are still a few titles out there I'd make an exception for, and this was one of them.
Gottlieb 1977 Golden Arrow.
I played and really enjoyed this pin at the PHOF in Las Vegas and,
More recently, at R.A.B's place in Montreal.
They made just over 1500 of these but I've heard most were shipped overseas. You rarely see them in the US and Canada.
When this beautiful example popped up in Hamilton, I had to go take a look. It was in the best shape I'd ever seen on an EM

Gameplay is very challenging. Its a rollover game and you have to collect all 10 rollovers to light the special.
The special comes in the form of arrow inserts that rotate around the playfield and change with spinners, a central rollover switch or the slings. You have to try and "catch" the golden arrow... which activates a 6" bell. You can also chase the arrow before lighting special and it makes any lit rollover worth 10,000 vs 5,000.

Its a greay looking, super fun wedgehead and one of the last ever made by Gottlieb.

Attachments

• GA01.jpg
    GA01.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 988
  • GA02.jpg
    GA02.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 988
  • GA03.jpg
    GA03.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 988

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Congrats to everyone who got new games this week! At least 6 people I know shuffled, traded and purchased 8 pins this week.
NOT counting any container pins from the previous week! Not bad for a slow summer.

If you add the container pins in, plus read between the lines in posts on the forums, I count 24 pins that changed hands in the
last 10 days in QC and ON and a couple shipped out west. (That doesn't count the 10 of mine that were moved for restoration
after 6 months of planning in this same timeframe.) I am sure that even more happened that I don't know anything about. lol

Enjoy everyone! Some sweet looking games for everyone....

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
WARLOCK said:
I am sure that even more happened that I don't know anything about. lol

There are lots of pins that exchange hands before hitting here or kijiji Scott ;) You got a new pin too this week, when you pick that up?

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Back from a week on holidays. Refreshed.
Played some pins in the "wild". Always cool.

And yes, it is a duplicate pin Mike, but I must pick that one up this week as my other one needs to go in next week or so as well.

Tell us how your camping trip in the "wild" went Mr. Wong. (when you return) lol
It should be a good story.

Have a good and safe long weekend everyone.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
A HUGE thank you goes out to Brewmanager today (on his anniversary) for a big assist to help me out.

Walt has moved 11 pins in 10 days for other people, only 1 of which was for himself.

My story:

The line up @ home finally shifted tonight.
I have been playing with 1 pin up at home for months now.
Only my grail from University, STTNG.

We have been purging and trying to simplify our home.

STTNG - is home for me
SWE1 - is home for my son
JD - is home for my daughter
A treadmill - is up for my wife, and all of us.

That is it for space.

Sweet update. Happy Warlock.

Yes, I have 30 pins in other various places all over, but that is not today's story.

Walt's (Brewmanager's) story:

I nominate Walt for "Best logistical achievment" in Pinball transportation services.
Thank you very much my good friend and brother.
Much appreciated.

I could not have done it without you.
Thank you.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yup. Walt did me a huge favor and helped me move around a few outgoing games this week and bring a new (old) EM home.
Thanks Walt!

I think Scott 'n' Walt's Pin Hauling has a nice ring to it :)
I've been the beneficiary of many a free ride this year.
Always greatly appreciated.

As for what I did today?
Installed tons of new lighting at the new house.
My shoulders and neck are burning.
Almost there.

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
Hey everyone, Pretty busy Pinball week here for me, not really planned though. Working on a couple of bulk buys- all project machines. One lot of 3 and another lot of 5. But....prices discussed so far are way to high for these games and their quality.
Factoring in vehicle rentals, time and the unknown repairs/parts I am sticking where I am comfortable, but we are pretty far apart on both lots I am working on.
This seemed a lot easier in Allentown (especially with Drano negotiating!)
All that said, lots of Pin action in London this summer, the League, Pins coming out of people basements etc.... I was lucky enough to pick up a Grand Prix a couple of weeks ago, and I have a Gorgar coming soon. That will bring me to 14 and room for just 1 more in the line up. Any project machines will be in my new workshop section (still clearing space for that one). We'll see what happens.
Here is my line up so far, feel free to come by and play if you are around, just PM me.

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
So the deal on the lot of 3 pins + other stuff went down today- seller came down significantly in price.
I ended up with 3 Megatouch machines (only 1 working, but it works very well)
Two 70's vintage Jukebox's-, and AMI and a Seeburg,
A stand up cabinet Vid- Search & Rescue, that is working
About 400- 45 records
about 8 boxes of pin parts
And three Pins!
-Lethal Weapon 3 set up and working
- Judge Dredd, and Last Action hero- last two still packed away, no time to set up yet
The Pins all need a good cleaning and shop job- so I now have a few projects to keep me busy for the next few months.
I might have to drill out some of the locks, anything I should be aware of doing this on a SS machine? Grounds etc....? I am more familiar with EM stuff.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Nice haul.
Always loved Seeburg jukes. What model did you get?

I'm sure speedy will be all over that vinyl :)

If you've got any early 90's BW coin doors in those parts boxes, let me know.
I'm looking for any with the 2-slot 1-return configuration.

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
Seeburg is a 1970- UHC1, The AMI is a 1980 R-84
I will go through the parts and see what i got- I know there are some coin mechs in there- there is a lot of stuff.
Give me a week or so I am away for a bit.

Been playing L W it is a lot of fun, the other two are still folded up- I noticed the Judge Dredd had a "out of order" sign taped to it- hopefully nothing major. Will set up stuff once my arms stop burning from all the moving today! Luckily my farmer neighbour had a forklift to get the Juke off the truck and into my shop- I am tired.

Will keep you posted

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
Some pics of the good stuff from the haul.
The Megatouch has a game where I can play poker and get a girl on screen to undress if I win- might have to keep that one!

Thanks to Speedy and Cooke for the help and advice on this one. Those guys are good.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Arctic,

Nice group of games you aquired. Have fun with the projects.
You can drill the locks out on the LAH + JD without any trouble.

Cooke + Speedy are top shelf guys!

Nice additions to your EM's.
Enjoy.

Scott

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Shop job continues at a fairly rapid pace for my TZ.
Stripped all parts from the play field

And cleaned, cleaned, cleaned.

Much cleaner now!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160502.422368.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160502.422368.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 793
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160516.154964.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160516.154964.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 793
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160561.405540.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160561.405540.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 793
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160575.172437.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160575.172437.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 793
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160587.105245.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376160587.105245.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 793

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Once the play field was stripped and cleaned I masked off the outside bits and got my Treasure Cove power cut compounds and drill working.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 792

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Here are some before pics of the play field

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 792

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
And the after...

After pics don't really do it justice. The kit works very well. The appearance is much better!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 792
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 792
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 792