• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Who here is buying NIB Pins

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Just my MMRLE. Was very tempted to pull the trigger on GOT Premium.....but decided to wait until they start showing up used.

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
The new Stern machines aren't really grabbing me. They are okay, but to me, they aren't $5000+ worth of okay. For that price I could find 3 or more machines I'd have more fun on.

I do like the direction Heighway is going and I'm interested to see Alien. That might be my first NIB if the dollar shifts.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Just my MMRLE. Was very tempted to pull the trigger on GOT Premium.....but decided to wait until they start showing up used.

I think Chambahz has a GOT Premium on order so I would wait for him to put a dozen plays on it before he decides to sell. Be careful and respect his asking price otherwise he might tell you to eat a dick.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I'm getting a GoT Prem. Probably go to the Playdium store next week to put my cash down. Hoping to have it for Christmas?

This is a dream pin for me. I don't have any other pins right now and this one looks to tick a lot of boxes off, on the things I like in a pin checklist. The pro looks great, and I'd be happy with that, but I'm betting the added mini Playfield on the PREM will be worth every penny.

The cost of a nib game is crazy. I'm not a big baller like a lot of nib buyers are. It's been said more then once that new games are too expensive and I wonder how many of these machines will be coming into Canada. How easy will it be to buy a used one in a couple years. I have enough cash to buy a LOTR, but finding someone to sell theirs is a different story.

I can't risk missing this title, and I plan to keep it for a while, so I'm jumping in from the beginning.

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
Nope. Done with NIB. I would rather put less money on a Bally/Williams game with nice clear coated playfield and new decals. I find those old games have more going for them. Yes the rules are easier but I like that in a game.

That being said, I will maybe one day get a Stern again. Maybe a STLE or some future game.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I would have gotten into the hobby a year earlier if I realized I could get multiple early SS machines for the price of 1 NIB.

Nothing new coming for me, price is certainly a factor but I enjoy the older machines more, that's the main reason.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I guess I should "never say never", but NIB pins never was my thing.
Too much fun running around gathering historical relics and spreading them around.

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
Too much fun running around gathering historical relics and spreading them around.

You know, that's half the fun for me. I kind of like the chase.

It can be frustrating sometimes to have plans to pick it up and have the seller sell it out from under you. But I love being the first to respond to a craigslist ad and the mad dash to the location before anyone else arrives.

Then driving home singing "I got the piiiiiinball. I bought the piiiiiiiiiiiinball. I was the fastest. I was the bestest. I bought the piiiiiinball."

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
Hey, Shaun, just bought NIB from the US... even with the US dollar conversion, travel and taxes, in my case it was still a better deal than here in Canada.

I don't understand it - if Starburst Toronto wasn't so damn shady with the pricing I might have made more of an attempt at it here in Canada. They wouldn't even give me a price in CDN funds over the phone - only in USD... this is crazy, we're in Canada right? Also, we e-mailed and got another different price in US dollars, I just wasn't satisfied with the"big secret" answer so I bought from the USA.

Last edited:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
My friend called a US Stern reseller and right off the bat the GOT Premium price quoted is better then SB by $700 after exchange.

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Its true, if you look at our NIB pricing its the MSRP converted, in the US there are lots of re sellers that are way less than that

at over 7k for a new machine, Id be out for sure, there are only a select few machines Id pay that much for and an unproven one wont be it!

mrxsiv

Nov 20, 2012
Maple, Ontario
www.sksfinancial.com
Thanks everyone for your responses. I confirmed as well that you can buy a premium delivered to Buffalo for $800 less!
That's a huge difference. Only thing is that you have to waste a day going to pick it up.
Shaun