• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Who here is buying NIB Pins

mrxsiv

Nov 20, 2012
Maple, Ontario
www.sksfinancial.com
You have to pay tax no matter what. The $6400 price is USD and before taxes. You never know, you may get lucky and they let you go!
$800 USD savings translated into CDN is really $800 plus exchange and taxes which is:
$800 x.33% exchange ($264) plus the sales tax now on $1064x13%=138
So, your total savings is $1202 CDN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a great deal if you ask me.
I'm a numbers guy being in the investment business so I thought I would break it down for you.
Shaun

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Time (to do) and space (to to).
Those are the remaining factors.

Many of us have done this with new/used pins.
Most of us have now slowed down/ceased due to exchange rate.

There is little more to tell.

Not a great time to buy or hunt.

But:]
Go old:]

School.

Last edited:

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
You have to pay tax no matter what. The $6400 price is USD and before taxes.

If you're buying in the states, do you have to pay state tax on the machine when you're down there?

I know the Canadian market is pretty small, but I still find it odd that starburst has a monopoly on distribution. Is this common in other countries?

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
If you're buying in the states, do you have to pay state tax on the machine when you're down there?

I know the Canadian market is pretty small, but I still find it odd that starburst has a monopoly on distribution. Is this common in other countries?

You pay the tax at the border. The only time I've had to pay tax in the US and in Canada is if I have something from NY shipped to my NY post office box. If it comes from another state, no tax.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
So if you buy a game in NY, but the distributor is based elsewhere, you don't have to pay NY tax?

Correct. And don't forget, Canadian taxes at the border are based on the Canadian amount, as stated above. So take your US sales cost including any US state taxes incurred (but EXCLUDING shipping costs), multiplied by 1.3257 or whatever the posted rate is that day, and then multiplied by 0.13 for your tax total.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
This is going to be my 1st nib game and I thought that I've read somewhere that Canadian games have a tournament button on the cabinet front. Is this true? What does that do? (Remove random scoring for a tournament?)

If most of the regular nib buyers are going to pass on this game because of price, then I wonder how many "Canadian games" will be made/ship to Canada?

How easy will be to find a cheaper routed game north of the border in a year or two?