• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

A couple new additions- FINALLY HOME!

b1buwg97

Nov 14, 2012
London
Re: A couple new additions

Congratulations to you and Laura, Welcome to the club.
I know how long you guys have been wanting/trying.

I am so very happy for you both!

-Terry

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Re: A couple new additions

Gday everyone. Just wanted to update everyone and let you know they are doing awesome and have been moved from the NICU at Saint Mikes in Toronto to the NICU in Peterborough. It all happened quickly Friday. We knew Laura was coming home that day but were told they may only be able to take one at a time in Peterborough. So we expected it to be longer getting the kids there, but all things worked out and both could go so we followed the ambulance to their new temp home.

Laura has dropped 70lbs in 10 days :shock: . Just adema/water. Crazy stuff.

So here are a couple of pics. Mike

387596_10152519872315570_1913015635_n.jpg

419761_10152519899940570_2008647507_n.jpg

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
WOOT! Finally got the kiddies home! Only took 7 weeks to get them here. Joscelin is up to 5lbs from 2lbs13ounces and Carter is at 6lbs6ounces. No serious issues as far as we know. A couple of things we still need to watch for but nothing out of the ordinary. Regardless, its awesome to finally have them here. Now the fun really begins!

Cheers, Mike

486541_10152646101295570_1722918427_n.jpg

540999_10152646100255570_750328146_n.jpg

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
g-man said:
Hilarious. My tiny dog is 9 lbs.

Must be great to have them home. Now you can watch Laura take care of them from the comfort of your own couch. :D

It is. Watch, I can't watch. Right now i'm ripping my hair out trying to find the right bottle for them. Bottles from the hospital were cheap with no vent but man we had it down. 10-15 minutes and feeds were done, then burps. But these damn NUK bottles that were recommend and I bought a ton of are not doing the trick. Back to square one. Guess thats how it goes. I bought a bunch of different types today with various nipples to try to figure out the best. Blah Blah, I know. But its my new hobby. Figuring this out is just like figuring out how to fix a pinball right? Wrong...cause its never "just a fuse"!

Anyway, Laura and I tag team. I'm up till 1 or 2am, she crashes at 9 and gets some rest. When I crash she takes over the next two. During the day its shared. I have 2 more months until I return to work. Hopefully by then we have a system down.

Anyway, I'd love to shop out my SWde and put in the new roms but I can't see that happening for a long while so she's folded away. Atleast pinball isn't an outside hobby because I know those hobbies (offroad jeeping/snowmobiling/dunebuggy/camping/canoeing) are being shelved for the long term :(. Even my trucks off the road to save money :(. So no pin hauling...

Gotta go wash my hands. I hear a smell something.....

Cheers, Mike

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Oh, anyone have any baby boy cloths from ages 0-12 months? I have oodles of girls stuff from friends but only a small amount of boy cloths. Onesies with legs and long sleeves would be awesome. I hate to ask but I am. If its clean just let me know what you want for the stuff and i'll let the wife know.

Mike

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
It's been a long journey from driving daily from Peterborough to Toronto for months and glad to hear you and the family are finally in the comfort of your own home Mike. My wife will ask her sister and see if they still have any baby clothes from my 3 year old nephew still or else next time you are coming into Toronto you might want to stop by a Once Upon a Child as they often have some nice stuff and good sales.

http://www.onceuponachild.com/locations/list/ON

In regards to the bottles, for our daughters we have only ever used the Avent bottles and had no problems at all. They are BPA free and we used their cleaning and sterilization system too. It can be quite pricey but given how much you use these on a daily basis and in your case X2 I think it is worth it.

c26-B004HFQOM2-1-l.jpg

Did you guys decide if you are going to sponsor a live in nanny? I hope you and Laura can get a steady consistent routine down for the babies. If my sister in-law has any baby or boy clothes I will send them with McMean this Saturday who I will be seeing at Doug's place for a small GTG. I will see what else we have in storage that is new or never used and send them your way too.

PS - Wife asked if you need a breast pump? It was never used and we pretty much had Jade on formula very early on. Also have some stuff for girls too if you want?

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Cool, thanks Mike. I need to see Mcmean soon anyway.

As far as a Nanny or daycare goes we haven't thought about it much more. In time we will. I'm sure there is a solution.

We have that sterilizer and it works great for any bottle as long as its not too long. I just finished a feed with both and I think I found the bottle I will stick with. Its simple and small. Once they get bigger I'll try the larger NUK again.

I appreciate the pump offer but its strictly formula here. Its just how its worked out.

LMK about those cloths. Its not desperate at all. But, when its two of everything you have to try to save where you can.

Cheers, Mike

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Hey Mike,

Glad to see you guys are all home now. It must be super nice to be in the comfort of your own home after all that hospital time.

Enjoy your time off at home. These are the best of times, despite what you may think with the feeding and diaper routine. The babies change so much in the first year and it's fascinating to watch them grow. You and Laura are blessed.

Regards,
Barry