• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Antisocial Pinball Lounge

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
September 23 update;

Although I suffered minor injuries, it could have been much, much worse...and I know what you are thinking; What about the pin!!!
1f609.png

No dude, first thought was how are you feeling? A pinball machine can be replaced. You can't be. My wife gets mad at me every time I move one of mine by myself, especially if stairs are involved.

Reactions: syncros

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Antisocial has one primary goal;

To be the premier destination for pinball in Canada.

The best pinball machines, the biggest selection, in the best operating condition possible. The focus is NOT on 100 different types of craft beer on tap, professional sports, or luxurious bottle service and décor, it is about THE GAMES. 95% of my budget went to the games and will continue to do so. There will be no claw, kids or redemption games. All the games brought in will focus on games of skill, rather than luck. I hesitate to think of Antisocial as a retro-arcade, those already exist. I am looking towards the future. The future of pinball, the future of (good) arcade games like indie and Japanese designed titles (eXa-Arcadia) and the celebration of the unique and different.

So why is it called Antisocial?

My entire life, I have been criticized, persecuted, insulted and been labeled "antisocial" because of my interests and hobbies. I'm not antisocial, I just have different and varied interests than most. And right now, I'm loving PINBALL. So, I'm creating my own space. A space where I can enjoy obscure film, crazy music, cool pinball, arcade games and the weird and bizarre can be celebrated. A space where "the antisocial" can finally be...social. And you are all invited.

Antisocial is a space for the rest of us.

Now that you know what it is, please allow me to tell you what it will be. I would prefer to under promise and over deliver, so think of this as managing expectations and a road map of the near future.

-About two thirds of the machines will be set up upon opening; containing approximately 40 pinball machines and a handful of arcade machines. More machines will be setup over the month of October. (If you are not into pinball, maybe wait a few weeks for the rest of the arcade machines to arrive.)

-Initial operating hours will be Thursday & Friday: 4pm-Late, Saturday & Sunday 12pm-Late. Please note our CLOSING times will be VERY flexible for the first while and we may close later if busy, or close earlier if not. We will NOT be open the weekend of October 17-20 as I will be attending PinExpo in Chicago to pick up more machines.

-We will not be offering alcohol upon opening, but will be in the near future while we wait on permits to be transferred. This should happen within the next couple of months. We will be offering non-alcoholic beverages and snacks upon opening.

-We will not be making food, but offering food through a 3rd party in the next couple of weeks.

-While we are trying to get our payment processor up and running asap, we may not in time for opening and may have to only accept cash for the first few days. The good news is there is a TD bank with a brand spanking new bank machine almost directly above us.

-Antisocial will operate on a "entry fee/ free play" model. There will be a cover charge for unlimited play between our operating hours. The entry fee will be $20 with a $5 discount if paying in cash. The entry fee may be adjusted during certain times/ days/ promotions in the future. If you have left over tokens from Meeplemart, they will be honored at reducing your cover charge $1 per token, so bring them and "cash them in"!

-Do to insurance reasons, there will be no "in and outs". Like "Dead End Drive-In" Once you enter you can never leave and once you leave, you're out!
1f609.png

-Consider the space "half finished". Improvements will be significant.

-The address is 570 Bloor Street, West, Lower Level, Toronto. Signage is not finished, so you will have to find the door with the Antisocial logo on it.

-Private bookings will be available in the future.

-This is an adult space. Music, pinball machines and visuals will contain adult oriented material. Children under 14 are not permitted. (They probably wouldn't like it anyway). Teens 14-18 must be adult supervised at all times. We take this very seriously. This will change to specific days/ times once the liquor license goes into effect.

-Don't be a jerk. Treat the machines with care and they will work better. Treat others with care and they will treat you better.

I think that covers most things for now...
Cya soon!
Steve (aka: EEK)
Owner

...One thing I forgot; this is a new beginning, which means time for some new high scores. All machine high scores will be reset. (Sorry, Savage.)
1f609.png

Transparent Logo.png

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Any good "cheaper" parking you can recommend near by Steve?
Looks to be right by the Bathurst subway station. I'd probably park elsewhere and take the subway. Kipling Station is free to park on the weekends if you're coming in from the West...

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Looks to be right by the Bathurst subway station. I'd probably park elsewhere and take the subway. Kipling Station is free to park on the weekends if you're coming in from the West...
Our back door is about 20 feet from the Bathurst subway station, Markham street entrance.
However, you will have to walk around to the front door. ;)
2 min walk.

Reactions: kool1

Rockin

Jan 19, 2016
Caledon ON
So why is it called Antisocial?

My entire life, I have been criticized, persecuted, insulted and been labeled "antisocial" because of my interests and hobbies. I'm not antisocial, I just have different and varied interests than most. And right now, I'm loving PINBALL. So, I'm creating my own space. A space where I can enjoy obscure film, crazy music, cool pinball, arcade games and the weird and bizarre can be celebrated. A space where "the antisocial" can finally be...social. And you are all invited.

Antisocial is a space for the rest of us.
I think of it as being Independant.
This hobby is full of people who are not worried about following the crowd; and, are not afraid to take the path less travelled on their own.
I wish you success, and hope to get a chance to check it out soon.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
-Do to insurance reasons, there will be no "in and outs". Like "Dead End Drive-In" Once you enter you can never leave and once you leave, you're out!
1f609.png
I'm a little curious about this one-does that have to do with not being able to track if someone has paid or not, or is it more related to selling booze? Not something I'm really familiar with.

Sounds like a good space for those in the city-good luck!

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I'm a little curious about this one-does that have to do with not being able to track if someone has paid or not, or is it more related to selling booze? Not something I'm really familiar with.

Sounds like a good space for those in the city-good luck!
Booze. It's the "drink inside the bar", leave, "smoke some pot outside the bar", come back in, drink more and collapse scenario. :(

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Had a great time at Antisocial last night. It's stil a work in progress as Steve said but the space is big and perfect for pinball , so much to play already. It's only going to get better in the weeks ahead.

Well done and congratulations Steve!

Attachments

• 20241004_211450.jpg
    20241004_211450.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20241004_212810.jpg
    20241004_212810.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 30

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Got to Antisocial last night and an impressive number of LEs and Premiums and they are still moving more in. Think I spent most of my time on John Wick LE...beautiful machine. Will definitely be back soon, easily promises to be the best pinball arcade in Toronto.