• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Bride of Pinbot

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I hope with all the interest in this game it doesn't go bidding war. Prices are already becoming too high. This game should be $1600 average with nicely restored ones at $2500. When I see routed and "spray painted" ones going for $2500 , I take my cue from Kevin O'Leary and say I'm out.

MapleSyrup

Jan 9, 2014
Toronto
I love BoP. Yes, it's a really simple game, but Metamorphosis is REALLY fun. The sounds are awesome. The right orbit is cool. The Pinbot playfield double helix exit ramp is cool. I installed the DP Bop 2.0 kit, and it's REALLY fun. You simply hold down the start button for 2 seconds, and it brings up a menu where you choose if you want to play Williams BoP or DP Bop 2.0. It's now TWO completely different games in one machine. A total revelation for simple old pins. I hope they do it with more machines. The 2.0 software is still basic, but it's totally different than the original. Different goals. Other shots are more utilized. I'm really happy to have it in my lineup.

Plus, they've already posted 2 updates since I installed it on Monday!!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Good to hear! I agree that BoP is fun, and the new 2nd game option looks very appealing. Looking forward to trying it one day.
My son and I play an old routed BoP on location for 1 week every summer at the cottage we always go to, so we get our fill yearly.
New dynamics for the new version is great. I think new life and code to these games is excellent.

I still think Drano and I should hunt 6-8 of these south of the border and bring a small cargo van full of them home. Maybe one day...

Last edited:

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
I know it's not the most technically deep pin, but playing a BoP re-ignited the love of pinball in me, and took me on a seven month search to find one! Yes, ultimately it's a one-shot game, and I can see that getting really tedious for players with skill levels better than mine, but BoP has a certain character to me. As others have said, it looks great, the sounds are fantastic, and the voice of The Machine is seriously sexy! Unfortunately, I don't find the voice in 2.0 to be anywhere near as sultry as the original, despite that, from what I hear, it is the same woman recording it! (Albeit a few years on!)

Nostalgia is a big factor for me with this game, as it's one I remember playing as kid. Restoring it, and I use that term loosely in present company, was a fantastically fun project! I replaced all the ramps, helmet, and skill shot plastics, gave her a very deep cleaning and replaced all rubbers. I had to repair battery corrosion damage and replaced a handful of the IDC connectors with Molex connectors, as well as other board work. After that, she works perfectly and is great fun to play! Troubleshooting the pin, and bringing it back to life really impressed upon me how well they built these machines.

I think Dutch Pinball picked a great game that had possibilities for upgrade as their first project. I'd love to see what it's like to play the 2.0 kit sometime.

Last edited:

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I haven't played BoP since the early 90s when it was on location. Playdium, formerly Starburst Coin had a pin in this 24/7 donut shop I regularly frequented in Rexdale, rotating games in and out every 4-6 wks or so. Those were great times! FH, T2, HSII, Hook, LW3,... these kinds of games, and BoP too. (SB placed the others like TZ, TAF, DW, IJ, JP, JM,BSD... two blocks down the street at the Bowlerama.). We even had the number to call for pin service and cleaning on a Friday afternoon so that we were good and ready for the weekend.

You would be sad to see games go cause they were all fun. Nothing like a four player game of pinball at 2am with coffee, subs and smokes at your side. We played for fun, we kept score (getting your name up didn't hurt either), all well before I had any inkling of competitive league type play. Yet I distinctly remember myself and others hardly waiting for BoP to be swapped out. Once the initial glamour wore off, the game exhausted itself quickly. There simply wasn't much to do. That's my recollection. And that memory has stuck with me all this time.

The game is good looking. That BG, oh and that voice - it was super sexy and guys loved it. There are many 'non competitive' reasons for wanting a game - nostalgia being a strong one among them. Even so, this particular game never resonated with me and I can't help but think that a lot of the yearning for this game has to do with the new Dutch code.

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I have a lead for a BOP in Alberta. The machine is a real player's game. The guy is afraid to shoot me a price but I'm still pushing him. Cab needs work, playfield worn currently MPU board has acid damage.

IMG_3180.JPG
IMG_3198.JPG
IMG_3199.JPG
IMG_3203.JPG

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
ugh...

shoot him $800 shipped and see what he says ;)
That should loosed his lips and get him to spit out what he really expects for it.

Pin prices out West tend to be more inflated, so don't be too surprised by the response.

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I was probably going to offer him $1500-2000 range if he puts in a new rottendog board and it works 100% plus he has new decals ready to install and if he throws them in too. I need to keep in mind that I have to add at least $300-$450 for shipping on top.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Maybe not quite that much shipping if you do Day & Ross terminal to terminal, but plan for $250-ish.

I don't think I would offer anywhere near that amount for a beat BoP... but your call.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
When you factor in the shipping (and not seeing it/playing it firsthand), my personal opinion is that you'd be better off waiting until one pops up locally. That one's got some miles on it.

The acid damage on the board isn't too expensive to repair, provided you do it yourself. I haven't done cabinet decals yet myself, but I hear it's a bit of a chore.

I guess the way to look at it is this: How are you going to feel about what you paid to have an experienced, player's condition BoP shipped to Ontario, when the next day, a better one gets posted locally for the same price without shipping? What if the game arrives in non-working condition?

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
to much wait for something local , that you can touch and feel , for 2,500 ish that you'll have into this I think there are nicer ones , that one is worth between 1- 1.5 k without shipping , just my opinion

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I think I would start the conversation at $1K as well... or even a bit under considering you can't see it for yourself.

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I suppose I could wait until one locally pops up. You guys are right, if I pay top dollarfor this beat up one pay shipping on top only to have one locally pop up it would make for a horrible pinball experience. I may not even turn the machine on. Luch you could flip that TAF if you like to tide me over.;)