• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Game Request

purpledrillmonkey

Feb 19, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Vengeance said:
purpledrillmonkey said:
I'd be interested to hear about TAF. It pops up pretty frequently in tournaments I've watched and it seems to boil down to: multiball (like every game) or/and get to tour the mansion as aggressively as possibly while ignoring everything going on. To me this is both boring and unsatisfying even if it is sound strategy. Is there nuance in the strategy I'm missing?

I also struggle alot with the theme so it likely won't be a machine in my collection any time soon.

Nope that's it, you hit the nail on the head.

Ignore all of the modes, and get to tour and/or play MB. It's why I sold mine

Thanks for confirming, good to hear I'm not talking out my ass (all the time).
I would say don't do a writeup on it haha

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
Nascar....or how about a 3 for 1 and review the complete hillbilly pinball triathlon: Nascar, Fish Tales and of course Big Buck Hunter Pro. Enough of these comic books and fantasy titles.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Yeah give the redneck what he wants , cue the banjo music to "deliverance" . remember he knows where you live , I'm sure he'll pay with moonshine !

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Luckydogg420 said:
How about doing the machine; bride of pinbot. Then later if you get the chance add in bop2.0

The Machine: Bride of Pinbot review:

Shoot the left ramp allot
Start Multiball
Shoot the left ramp twice
Shoot center ramp

Rinse, repeat.

your welcome :)

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
I lost on the following games at TOPL playoffs and therefore need to understand the rules better.

Safecracker...need to learn how to keep the time going...had a long ball but that was it, one ball. HAd to watch my opponent get closer and closer and finally pass me.
Rolling Stones -- I think I know what wrong here -- the stupid bonus multiplier carries over ball to ball and I did not complete the upper lanes
Playboy -- got killed on this one.
Terminator - no clue what to do, the person who beat me badly seemed to shoot the ramps alternately.
Elvis -- again got killed but had longer ball times just no points. Shot a bunch of loop orbits but that did not seem to get me many points.

Also got beat on Skyjump but those rules I understand, just could not hit the 6 target in 3 attempts.

I did win the only game that really mattered to me against my wife on POTC...not sure if my strategy is the correct one but I shoot it up into that spinning thing in the top left until I get mutliball and then I put them all in there, then smash the ship when they come out of the spinner.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
nics135 said:
I lost on the following games at TOPL playoffs and therefore need to understand the rules better.

Safecracker...need to learn how to keep the time going...had a long ball but that was it, one ball. HAd to watch my opponent get closer and closer and finally pass me.
Rolling Stones -- I think I know what wrong here -- the stupid bonus multiplier carries over ball to ball and I did not complete the upper lanes
Playboy -- got killed on this one.
Terminator - no clue what to do, the person who beat me badly seemed to shoot the ramps alternately.
Elvis -- again got killed but had longer ball times just no points. Shot a bunch of loop orbits but that did not seem to get me many points.

Good lineup for Adam to delve into.
Safecracker is still a bit of a mystery to me... but the few times I've played it at Monkeybug's has helped a lot. Plenty of strategy that I can't even begin to get into.

That T2 strategy you described is pretty simple. There are alternating acheivment ladders for those two ramps. You need to hit both ramps (in the same order) to collect and progress. Say you start with the right and then collect with the left, you now have to follow this order for the rest of the game.
I rememeber T2 leaning heavily towards the multiballs and jackpots. Again, it's been a while, but I know that certain cannon shots will start mb right away and you can alter the value of the jackpots greatly by doing certain things. I'd also like a refresher on this game since I'm getting a T2 soon ;)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
It was T3, not T2.

Safecraker is a stupid game, there was a discussion on RGP2 about tournament strategy and the general strategy was anytime you were running low on time to just let your balls drain as the bumpers and drop targets should rack it back up for you.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Vengeance said:
It was T3, not T2.

Safecraker is a stupid game, there was a discussion on RGP2 about tournament strategy and the general strategy was anytime you were running low on time to just let your balls drain as the bumpers and drop targets should rack it back up for you.

Lol... Whoever suggested that strategy is dead wrong and would lose in any Safecracker game playing like that. That is not the case at all. It takes a significant amount of drops and bumper action to add minimal time. The best way to succeed is to lock balls and shoot the spinning rotary.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Another vote for STTNG. I picked one up two weeks ago and after fixing up the drop target (would not drop down on it's own) and fixed the left ramp (mounted wrong and shot would not go to borg ship), this game is alot of fun. My son (12 year old) and I play it ever evening trying to top each others top score. He is up to 3.2 B and I have only gone up to 1.8 B so far !

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
STTNG is a game that has been hovering on my "want to own once" list for a while.
Finding decent examples that aren't out of budget these days is getting hard.

I'd be down for a full tutorial.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
RBION is a mystery to me.
Would love to understand it a bit better.

I'll throw in a vote for Popeye too ;)
Not a game you see very often. Doesn't seem to get much love either.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Shadow is great.
I really didn't get into this game until I started to understand the rule-set. It's quite brilliant and there is a lot to do. Complete all modes, qualify and play Vengeance via the ramp/divertors, play Mongol MB and defeat the Battlefield all to get to Final Battle.

When you consider the money you pay for this game ($2800-$3500) it outclasses Eddy's other games like MM and AFM in price/fun ratio.

I'm big on games that can set a mood for the player. Shadow is definitely tops in that category too!