• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Next JJP - Avatar

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
JJP have priced themselves out of business. It's only a matter of time.

I also can't believe how little their games have (other than EJ which IS in fact packed). Y'all are getting dazzled by hundreds of addressable LEDs. This does not make a game "packed". TS4, GF, GnR. All flashy and blinky but not much substance.

Reactions: kool1

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
JJP have priced themselves out of business. It's only a matter of time.

I also can't believe how little their games have (other than EJ which IS in fact packed). Y'all are getting dazzled by hundreds of addressable LEDs. This does not make a game "packed". TS4, GF, GnR. All flashy and blinky but not much substance.
Sorry, but I think you are 100% incorrect.
JJP makes a smaller amount of machines and have not extended themselves with crazy high overhead like Stern.
You don't need to be the biggest to be profitable.

Oz, Hobbit and POTC have the deepest rule sets/ amount of modes of any pins ever made.
Far beyond anything anyone has ever put out.

The problem with JJP games, is if you don't own them and just play them casually/ on location, you never really get the full experience.
In they were making movies; Stern makes action movies and JJP makes drama's.

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
Sadly at 12k USD and with the shit kicking they take on the used market, it just doesn't make sense for me to buy NIB JJP. Prime example. TS4CE for 12.5k currently listed. That's a 15k USD game nib ~23k CAD. Almost a 50% haircut off new.

Richard McLaughlin

Jan 7, 2021
New Brunswick
Sadly at 12k USD and with the shit kicking they take on the used market, it just doesn't make sense for me to buy NIB JJP. Prime example. TS4CE for 12.5k currently listed. That's a 15k USD game nib ~23k CAD. Almost a 50% haircut off new.

Yeah, I got such a good deal on my used GnR LE. Makes it hard to pay $12k plus tax and ship for a new LE.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Yes, some of their machines seem to have depreciated significantly, however OZ and Hobbit have held their value and POTC was not exactly a bad investment for the early buyers. ;)
I think certain titles depreciate faster/ more than others. It's not exactly due to the manufacturer.
There are a lot of Sterns on the used market well under MSRP, same with Spooky, American and Williams.
However, there are always the stand out titles that retain their value and even appreciate. (Rick & Morty, Indiana Jones etc).

As someone who buys from various manufacturers, I believe they all have their strengths and weaknesses and cater to different purchasing priorities.
I just think we should be fair and objective in comparing the machines/ companies.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON

Avatar: The Battle For Pandora Pinball - Official Deep Dive​

So, I mistakenly believed that this was only themed on the second movie.
It is actually both movies.
I have to admit, as skeptical as I was last week about "another Avatar pin", I'm really impressed with what they have done.
I absolutely love how they have all the proper film assets, the lighting is truly next level and the "mando" topper looks great on the CE.
I kind of want one now... :(

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Yes, some of their machines seem to have depreciated significantly, however OZ and Hobbit have held their value
Well, keep in mind that a lot of WOZ buyers got in at 6500 with a bunch of risk, and Hobbit was a 7500 preorder. That was also at par dollars for the most part back then. If I'd have had to pay 9k for a Hobbit at current exchange, I would have lost a bunch of money when I sold mine.

The game looks nice though, and I do think that the UV effects could be cool. Using lighting to convey information is a good idea, and the eclipse mode sounds like a good use of the tech. Not sure whether the lower playfields are going to be any good or not-one is just a pop bumper, and the other looks a little like the ACDC one, which is OK, but not something with fantastic gameplay. Still looking forward to trying one out and seeing how it shoots though-hopefully P1 gets a showroom game at some point.

RoyalPinball

Apr 2, 2022
London

Avatar: The Battle For Pandora Pinball - Official Deep Dive​

So, I mistakenly believed that this was only themed on the second movie.
It is actually both movies.
I have to admit, as skeptical as I was last week about "another Avatar pin", I'm really impressed with what they have done.
I absolutely love how they have all the proper film assets, the lighting is truly next level and the "mando" topper looks great on the CE.
I kind of want one now... :(
Avatar looks like a winner and a pin that will have staying power. The world under glass and the 3 colour UV ink blows me away….just stunning to look at. The game looks to have great shots and flow from the limited view so far. The under playfield areas add another unique fun aspect. With over 20+ modes the game should over lots to do and not finish easy which is never my goal anyways. I think price for NIB doesn’t matter for most titles for the manufactures. They only make a few thousand games on average for the entire world, and those that connect with a title will open their pockets, aside from that pinball is not a hobby for shallow pockets, yet everyone tends to forget that. That being said I don’t know annyone who likes losing money, but many also forget the cost of entertainment and enjoyment. Anyone that owns a pinball (or 3 or more) all live a blessed life IMO, others out there that could never dream of such a luxury. I can’t wait to learn more about JJP Avatar, very excited.

Last edited: