• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Quadcopter video shot over Niagara Falls

tim.sanderson

mwong168 said:
Question Tim, is there something on the remote that tells you that you are close to going out of range? It would really suck if that ever happened and your copter and camera gear comes crashing down to the ground.
Sorry, sometimes I read posts at work, but don't have time to answer them. But when I do have time, I've forgotten by then. :p

No, there's not (that I know of). Basically if you're flying with the naked eye, you would lose sight of what you were flying before it when out of range. (2.4gHz spread spectrum is a wonderful thing!) If you are flying with something FPV, I think you can boost your signal to give you better range.

Speaking of flying things, here's my newest toy. It was offered to me by one of my good customers at a price I literally could not refuse!

I was hoping to fly it when I got home from work, but it is absolutely pouring here right now. Maybe tomorrow before work...

Attachments

• P51.jpg
    P51.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 842