• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WWE LE Pics are up

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Surprisingly NOT bad.

1013482_10152993907359244_1107554775470782694_n.jpg

10891434_10152993907399244_7439584261180196941_n.jpg

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
yea now I kinda want an LE.

Not enough to actually buy one, but that was the era that I loved wrestling, so the nostalgia factor is there.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Is that an LCD in the back middle of the PF? (the image of the Hulkster is on it in these pics) Bsaed on the different images I would say that it is.

I too enjoy this one more as well given it's got a lot of the classic wrestlers on it.

D

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Is that an LCD in the back middle of the PF? (the image of the Hulkster is on it in these pics)

I too enjoy this one more as well given it's got a lot of the classic wrestlers on it.

D
Yes.

Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan will individually autograph each of the numbered WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Limited Edition (LE) machines on a bottom arch mounted gold plaque. With only 400 autographs available, this collectible must be limited to that number of games. The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE's replica "Titantron" playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE's exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third "Wham! Arm" flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I think it is great they used all the old wrestlers because I think the Pro will looked very dated in 1-2 years. I wonder if there will be a Premium version?

kevin the 1984 kid

Nov 16, 2012
Niagara
looks allot better than the pro. This pin I could relate too, the golden era of wrestling. Wheres rowdy roddy piper, ultimate warrior and Bret The hit man Heart thogh!?
Will the LE be featured at the release party?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
looks allot better than the pro. This pin I could relate too, the golden era of wrestling. Wheres rowdy roddy piper, ultimate warrior and Bret The hit man Heart thogh!?
Will the LE be featured at the release party?
Still cant see the left side of the machine, so who knows.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Nothing on that feature list about "traditional power switch location" :)

It looks like with the relocation of the transformer, the power switch is going to be at the bottom of the backbox. Not impossible to reach for me, but not as easy as the traditional location for everyone.

LE looks like a big improvement, at least in the art package though. Remains to be seen if the gameplay holds up though. Again, LOTS of shots ending up in that mini PF.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Nothing on that feature list about "traditional power switch location" :)

It looks like with the relocation of the transformer, the power switch is going to be at the bottom of the backbox. Not impossible to reach for me, but not as easy as the traditional location for everyone.

Here is a pic of the new power switch location and probably saved Stern like $1 in wire :)

345250.png

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
The power switch is stupid in that spot, especially if games are lined up and you cant access the backbox easily.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
It's easy enough to test-stand in front of a game, and see if you can reach the bottom of the backbox. I'd be fine, but my wife and kids wouldn't be able to reach it.

Of course, the easy solution is to just attach a power bar to it, but it's still a little strange that they'd make a change like this for such a minor savings.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Of course, the easy solution is to just attach a power bar to it, but it's still a little strange that they'd make a change like this for such a minor savings.

It's about longevity, maybe it only saves $1 a game, maybe more, maybe even less, but eventually over enough time, and enough games that $1 turns into Thousands, which turns into 10's of thousands, which turns into 100's of thousands.

The market will decide if this is enough to finally get people to stop buying.

They removed the lock down bar mech, we all bitched, but kept buying
They removed the head locking mech, we all bitched, but kept buying
Now the power button is on the head, we all bitched, and I'll bet we will continue to keep on buying

Stern will only change their tactics when the thing they change doesn't in turn end up meaning more money in their pocket.

If this change pissed off enough people that less units sold as a result so that the savings for the power button switch was less then the lost revenue from sales, then we will see the power button return to the bottom of the cabinet.

Otherwise, get used to it in the head.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
They removed the lock down bar mech, we all bitched, but kept buying
They removed the head locking mech, we all bitched, but kept buying
Now the power button is on the head, we all bitched, and I'll bet we will continue to keep on buying

They release incomplete code, we all bitched, but kept buying :eek:

Reactions: Menace