• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Xmen Pro V1.04 first impressions

yellowmustard

Nov 17, 2012
hi what a surprise this morning...25th December 2012...upadte is released on Stern Site...
so i downloaded the update...unzip...put on my USB key...update process...while uploading reading the *.nfo...

V1.04 - December 21, 2012
=======================
- X-Men modes now stack and can run concurrently with each other. They may also run concurrently with other modes/multiballs if they were started beforehand.
- Reduced the number of shots to start X-Men modes from 2 to 1. Reduced the subsequent difficulties (hard and very hard) by one shot each.
- Mystery no longer adds time to running X-Men modes.
- Nightcrawler no longer begins if a villain is lit for start.
- Reduced the number of shots needed to complete Shadow King, Omega Red, Juggernaut, and Sentinels.
- Increased all the total values and super jackpots of all non-multiball villain modes.
- Reduced the timer of all villain modes from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Reduced the number of side bank shots to enable Brotherhood and Hellfire multiballs.
- Completing X-Men modes now provide +3X end of ball bonus multipliers instead of contributing to Danger Room requirements.
- Danger Room requirement is now based on Magneto Multiball super jackpot being achieved. This must occur with all 8 X-Men modes started and 4 balls locked before Magneto Multiball begins.
- Phoenix Mode takes one less shot to complete.
- Bottom lanes completed do not light villain start when a villain mode is currently running. They will contribute normally if lanes are completed outside a villain mode.

well i wish it s true!!!
In facts i think Mike Kyzivat and Waison Cheng heard my wishes for this game!!!

the Game is now full of action and easier in easy mode...
some rules have changed but for the better!!!

DEFINATELY no regrets to have bought this HIT!!! :mrgreen:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Woo hoo! Thanks for posting David! I am looking forward to setting up my X-men in the New Year!
It is not NIB, but only 123 plays. I can't wait to install the new code, and bring it home for the kids to play!
Ahem, and ahh me too........

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I think they took the whole easy thing too far.
Villains were certainly a chore and needed to be easier. Stacking is a good step but combos are still missing.

The combination of stacking and easier to start modes makes the game really messy with potentially tons of overlapping modes, callouts, dots etc.
I'm going to mess around with setting the game to hard and see if it helps.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Yeah, I don't think the hero modes needed to stack like that-I was fine with 2 shots to start each, and having them chain the way they did, but stacking them with a sinlgle shot just seems to hand out too much. Look at the mode stacking in TZ-at least there it's two shots to light/start something, and usually those aren't the same shots required for a completion (i.e. you have to deliberately ty to stack instead of it just happening arbitrarily). Ditto with TSPP-stacking needs to be deliberate. I have a feeling that this is only part of the update though-there has to be more coming, right?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yeah. Supposedly there is another update scheduled for sometime in January.
The lack of combo scoring and deadpool mode means this is still incomplete.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
The new code is starting to grow on me a little more. I've left the mode start alone for now-finishing the modes hasn't changed (other than the ability to stack), so now I'm trying to get all 8 running at once with Wolverine MB. Still can't get to Danger Room though-getting the Magneto super still isn't easy. It's definitely within reach though. As for Dark Phoenix? What's the requirement to light villians again? Is it just alternate lane completions?

Random question for pro owners-does the right ramp trip an inlane switch? It doesn't on the LE, which makes getting the blackbird lanes reliably a slightly more difficult.

Anyway, hopefully there's another update on the way soon. There are still some screwy things going on with Wolverine speech samples and switches triggering when they shouldn't.

yellowmustard

Nov 17, 2012
for your random question the answer is Yes
i ve got another one for pro owner...
how to get EB now??? i cant find...