• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Building a Dream

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
The space you see above is the exact amount of floor space I have.

What you see is exactly what it will look like on the floor

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
While I think the space invaders theme is awesome, I think you may want to think bigger picture. The only time you'll be able to see that is with no pins in there. Might want to think about just a pattern on the exposed parts?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Think I've decided on this:

floor3.jpg

The large aspect ratio made it too hard to really do what I would have wanted to do, a pacman maze or something like that, honestly if I could have made anything fit I saw this:

002.png

I would have done the Old man and the fire's on his sides for sure! But the large size of the tiles it just doesn't work. I think the above is a nice compromise.

the little dude waiving is right where the front garage door is.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
It huts your eyes when looking at the entire picture, but you won't get the full affect on the floor since you won't be seeing it from an overhead angle.

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
Still can't believe a giant dong hasn't been posted for the floor design :eek:o_O

penis-roof.jpeg

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Here are some more non-dick related choices

I'm liking the little dude though for sure, he could become the mascot of sorts for the place.

floor5.jpg

floor6.jpg

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
I'm not sure if those patterns really have any meaning to Space Invaders. Why not have an enemy at the top, have the shooter(player) at the bottom with a missile being launched?

This should be visible in your layout as well, down the middle?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'm not sure if those patterns really have any meaning to Space Invaders. Why not have an enemy at the top, have the shooter(player) at the bottom with a missile being launched?

This should be visible in your layout as well, down the middle?

No meaning, just filling in the space, I'd do more, but again allot of it will be covered with games so you won't get the full affect.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Think I've decided on this

floor6.jpg

Cause when it's full of pinballs it will look like this:

wavy.jpg

The tiles in my basement are almost the same size, and a pinball machine takes up 4 tiles length wise, so its also nice to know I basically have a full pinball machine in size between the rows for people to walk through.

Reactions: FastEd

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Why don't you make the left side the same as the right side? On the left have the black 'arrow' pointing up. On the right side have it pointing down. Then just make the rest the same grey colour. My way you won't have those two odd tiles near the space invader guy and you won't have the single black tile dotting the middle.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Why don't you make the left side the same as the right side? On the left have the black 'arrow' pointing up. On the right side have it pointing down. Then just make the rest the same grey colour. My way you won't have those two odd tiles near the space invader guy and you won't have the single black tile dotting the middle.
The single black tile isn't actually going to be a single black tile. This was just a representation of where the machines will be in respect to the pattern that will still exist underneath.

That being said yea I'm going to make both sides more simetrical

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Ok so I'm an idiot, was waiting for the warmer weather so I can seal the concrete and I dind't want skids of tiles just sitting around so I hadn't placed my order.

So I went to place my order and the template I was using was only HALF the vertical space I had available

Which is almost annoying since I was sold on the floor I had chosen,but with double the vertical space I don't like it as much.

So now I'm back to square one, and am playing around with these 3 so far.

Thoughts, suggestions?

initals.jpg

moredudes.jpg

SI.jpg