• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

MM from Planetary Pinball

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Will be built to LOOK AND PLAY like the original. No "W" logo to be used. Roger Sharpe on board to make sure Williams end of the deal is upheld. Billed as a limited edition. No game at Expo as some kinks to be ironed out. Differences from original: Shaker motor, gold trim, LEDs.

$1000 deposit for a game...pay the balance a week before the game ships. Expected sometime 2014...I missed the month.

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
.... every take out your wallets.
On another note if your wallet is empty. so if you need cash I'm looking for the following games
World Cup Soccer
No Good Gofers
Fish Tales
Terminator 2
Tron
Lord of the rings
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Theatre of Magic
No Fear

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
flashinstinct said:
.... every take out your wallets.
On another note if your wallet is empty. so if you need cash I'm looking for the following games
World Cup Soccer
No Good Gofers
Fish Tales
Terminator 2
Tron
Lord of the rings
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Theatre of Magic
No Fear

You can have the rest...we will have to fight it out for the CFTBL. Looking to buy one of those too.

Similarly, hope all the current MM owners don't throw out their backs dragging their original MMs out to the curb for Monday's trash collection. :cool:

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
As for "opening the wallet", I don't think $7995 MSRP is all that bad of a price...for those people who can spend that much on a NIB game. They won't last long. A Stern LE goes for about that much, no? And for that price you know exactly what you are getting...no mysterious disappearing VUK or light projector...that's piece of mind right there. And by the sounds of it you get Williams build quality.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Seems a little steep for a game where they don't have to design all new parts. For a new game, there's a huge setup cost. If all the molds etc are still around, then it's theoretically much cheaper to make.

Or are they making significant changes to the boards etc? Going with a colordmd screen from the factory would mean they could build without a HV section, right?

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
So what do people think? Will this actually get produced this time? Last time was a mess. The price point is pretty much bang on and putting a deposit down let's someone raise the cash in the meantime until delivery.

Cheers,
Duane