• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinballapalooza

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I'm really surprised at the lack of "you can buy these" ads there (even if it was just a sign on the games that said so). Still, might have been a condition of the agreement they had with SB? Anyway, glad that this worked out-now the real question is, are they going to be selling off any of those games at a discount (like with the games from the CPCs a few years back), or do they all go back out to be abused some more?

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Guys it looks like they had little sales cards on the apron of all the new pins directing people to where they can buy them.

Makes perfect sense for them to do this. Might as well get more exposure if you're going to setup 100 pins regardless if you're getting paid to do it.

Attachments

• metallica.jpg
    metallica.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 341

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
cdnpinballer said:
Guys it looks like they had little sales cards on the apron of all the new pins directing people to where they can buy them.

Makes perfect sense for them to do this. Might as well get more exposure if you're going to setup 100 pins regardless if you're getting paid to do it.

Problem was I spent 30 minutes on the game and never noticed it ... I'm guessing others were the same (still can't hurt putting it in there but not sure that it was uber effective)

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
It's really too bad there's just no where in the wild to play pinball to have promoted at this event. It's too much to think that they'd sell many $5k+ machines to someone off the street, but showing people some fun with pinball might get them to drop some loonies somewhere.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
For those who missed out and couldn't make it down to try Metallica, SB just setup one up in their showroom just now. I know my friend Elliot is on his way now.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Record is official:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ltaneously

Based on that star video, there was certain criteria needed, everyone plunging their ball simultaneously.

Instead of getting prickly about how PAPA can beat this record, I think all pinball fans should be grateful for all the media this event generated. It was good natured, it wasn't nerdy or a bunch of dudes in a basement, it really made pinball look good.

Papa can easily beat this, so if they want, the record is theirs to claim at the next event.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Bowen took to twitter (with a healthy dose of sarcasm) for the second time about the event...

@bowenkerins: Congratulations to the Stratford Festival for hiring Guinness to award a #pinball world record http://t.co/2NqNEsHRts http://t.co/nWBmm4OXQ5

To save clickthru, first link is to the Pinburgh '13 participant list (397 names) and the second to pics of the Toronto event.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Bowen is being a grump about this. They thought of it, he didn't. The record will be easy for him to claim at their next event (and meet the criteria of the record of the simultaneous 1st ball plunges), and they'll probably get to keep it forever.

May 17, 2013
Ontario
Just as an FYI to all of you...

These machines are currently for sale at The Playdium Store. I believe that they will be going back to their routes next week or something if they don't sell.

May 17, 2013
Ontario
If I'm not mistaken it's anything they had there. There was a Medieval Madness but it was apparently sold before it got off the truck. I know they have (in no particular order just as they pop into my head) Adam's Family, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Iron Man, Simpsons, South Park, Shrek, Rolling Stones, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Batman, Tron, Wheel of Fortune, umm there's more. The place is overflowing with pins.

May 17, 2013
Ontario
I'm still fairly new to this whole thing but from all the research I've been doing they seemed relatively on par with what I see elsewhere. Maybe slightly overpriced for routed machines. I can't remember the prices for them all except that Iron Man was $3999 and LoTR was $4490. They shopped them (though not a full restore) before sending them to the event and will check it over before giving it to you if you don't immediately take it home. You guys would have a better idea of these things so I would suggest at least stopping by to see what they have if you're close enough.