• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Great Canadian Pinball Tailgate Party

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
spiroagnew said:
This small downtown "game room show" is an awesome development...something we can all get behind and perhaps it will grow into an actual Toronto area annual event! However I think this would be something totally different than what the OPs had in mind for their cooler beers and shootin' the shit in a parking lot type get-together.

Definitely a decent compromise. I know the area very well, it's quite laid back. In the Fashion District.. so, full of hipsters. :D Couple blocks north on Spadina from the Gardiner Expressway (so Grant's right, not too deep into downtown).

GOOGLE MAPS STREETVIEW

There's decent standing space outside if we all want to shoot the shit, the only real tricky part I think would be the "flea market" atmosphere. If we want that though, there's no reason we can't setup a time and place before hand for a couple of hours. Like a parking lot. Heck, we could meet at Ikea for old times' sake :lol:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
The idea if this is successful to make this an annual event.

I did mention the idea of a tailgate, and it was mentioned to me there is a concourse or parkete right across the street that could be used for that, if people are really set on having to be outside.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
April is an excellent time of year to do it as well... especially if we want to have the flexibility of doing stuff inside and outside.

It is the weekend before Allentown though.
Should be okay for most locals... but might be hard for any Ottawa/Montreal people to attend if they are planning to also head to Pinfest.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Are you sure this shouldn't be collective arts brewing that you've been dealing with ?

Vengeance said:
Well I have an opportunity to present to everyone here if they are interested.

I've been having conversations with a marketing manager over at Creative arts brewing about putting on a arcade/pinball show/tournament.

We just locked down the dates yesterday and I planned to start the ball rolling to get the community involved.

The event will be taking place on April 25th and 26th at the SPiN bar downtown.

There is a large event space at SPiN and the idea is to create a show of sorts with a bunch of free play games for everyone to enjoy, and on the Saturday hold a one day tournament for everyone.

This seems like a good opportunity as it comes with a sponsor, the space will be free, and I'm talking with them about perks for bringing machines, say cases of beer or drink vouchers at the bar for machines brought. I also see no reason that machines couldn't be sold at the event.

To me this sounds like as good a fit as you are going to get, a bar atmosphere with pinball and arcade games to play, with time to just hang out and shoot the shit and enjoy a few drinks.

Either way if you want to take this opportunity and use it or not, the event will be happening, it success will depend on the rest of the local community, but it will happen.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Guys, I am all 100% in for all pinball events.
Those of you that know me, know this is true.

I will attend, participate, bring pins and help out.
I will do everything I can, and enjoy it as I always do.

Forget the tailgate / flee market on this though.
Some of you forget that many of us bring children.

That won't likely happen at a bar in downtown TO in all reality.
Also, don't expect a crowd from far away with Allentown a week away.

I am, as always, all in, but many others may not be, including my kids.
This is a local GTA tournament gathering now. (Plus hopefully extra's!)

That is all still good for all of us and for pinball.
Make it a great one and participate.

That is all for now.
Cheers.

tim.sanderson

WARLOCK said:
Guys, I am all 100% in for all pinball events.
Those of you that know me, know this is true.

I will attend, participate, bring pins and help out.
I will do everything I can, and enjoy it as I always do.
The first few lines of this response made me think it was going to be in poem-form. I was a little disappointed when the next lines didn't rhyme. :p

I do agree with the Scott's post.
I'd love to see the bar-one happen too, but it's not really in the spirit of the original idea.

(I vote for both, BTW)