• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
REVOLUTION said:
Met up with Meegis yesterday and shot the shiznit. Nice to meet you, Josh!

Headed to Wonderland after that for about an hour before it started raining pretty hard.

- B
Wish the weather was better for you. If I wasn't working my doors at home would be open to you.

Next time.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Added a custom shooter to my TFLE. Looks awesome Brock!! Thanks again!

Apparently my rod can go both ways... hehehe

10606103_710651364720_5116912088721512225_n.jpg

somed00dxx

Nov 5, 2013
GTA
I'm working on a quicksilver project..... Photos speak for themselves :) this is my first cabinet repaint so I want to start with high standards. It's still in progress but here is a teaser. Does anyone know the paint code for the grey paint on the cabinet for quicksilver? My paint match was not great.

It's primed and ready for paint now.

Richard

Attachments

• IMG_20140809_224915.jpg
    IMG_20140809_224915.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_20140809_224731.jpg
    IMG_20140809_224731.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 754

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Busy pin weekend for me.Headed out to Ottawa on Friday to deliver the LOTR LE. Along the way stopped to look at a sweet TZ. Delivered the LOTR on Saturday morning. Came back today, picked up the TZ (that is one heavy biatch!) got home. Waited for Pincrazy to come pick up my ToM. After that, got the TZ into the house and all set up now.

Good God, I'm getting too old for all this slugging! :shock:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats on the LOTR and TOM sale and pick up of that nice minty TZ. How many is that I have enabled you on in less then a year? ;) :FP:

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Congrats on the new games-TZ is a pain to move, but the good news is that you only have to do it once (cause once you have one, it'll probably never leave). Small price to pay for that awesome a game.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
Set up Iron Man VE on the weekend. Being playing it constantly. Not sure why I did not get this the first time around. Sadly DMD has a line in it when I set it up but warranty should cover fixing it. It also looks like Stern put some sort of silicone on the ribbon cable connections to the main board to hold them in place. Makes it really hard to pull out and put back just to see if the ribbon cable was bad. Need to do some fine tuning to level the monger to be perfectly flush with the playfield...getting some ariballs cause it is out a little bit right now...

Set up Champion Pub finally...still trying to get it to run. Swapped out driver board and now looks like have issue with the flipper opto switches...neither of them works...must not be connected up right. Will try and fix that this afternoon.

Tonight TOPL, tomorrow off to PAPA...check for me at the bottom of the C division.

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
somed00dxx said:
I'm working on a quicksilver project..... Photos speak for themselves :) this is my first cabinet repaint so I want to start with high standards. It's still in progress but here is a teaser. Does anyone know the paint code for the grey paint on the cabinet for quicksilver? My paint match was not great.

It's primed and ready for paint now.

Richard
My guess is that the paint from their arcade games are the same

http://www.gamestencils.com/index.php?c ... how_detail

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
Not really that bothered by the DMD. More annoyed with trying to adjust the monger to be perfectly flush. This is challenging and although it is a lot better it is not yet perfect. Thing does not quite sit level. Back is perfect front up just a tiny bit. Fixed CP (unplug rep lug connectors fixed it). Had a dozen games on it. Really fun so far.

Need to clean, new rubbers when I get back,

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
How are the adjustments for the monger? Are there set screws to raise/lower the front/back, or are you adjusting cam/switch positions? I had some similar problems with the ringmaster on CV, but I think that was more because it had three different positions.

I have to wonder with something like that though why you couldn't do something like a modified drop target assembly, kind of like the Nightcrawlers on XMLE or the Gofers in NGG. You'd have to be able to raise with a motor of course, and probably lower as well, but then if you had the motor disengage at the bottom of the travel, then let gravity take over, you could probably ensure that it'd sit flush without adjustment. Of course, then you run the risk of stressing the PF more from the weight of the toy. In any case, I'm sure someone at Stern has spent a lot longer trying to come up with the best design for this, but then had something taken out to save a few bucks :)

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Tried out a non ghosting ROM patch for WPC games. Very impressed with the results. Before the ROM swap there was very noticeable ghosting and flickering but after the ROM swap there was nothing. I'd highly recommend the patch. I've also ordered in a led ocd board that should be here shortly for a different game so I'm interested to see what that can provide. I know it has some pretty cool features but it's also around $150 :?. For that fact alone I have to assume the ROM swap is the better route if you have the option. The game I got the LED OCD board for doesn't have such a patch. I guess I'll be able to tell for sure once I have used both. At basically 15 times the cost I fail to see where there is room for the board to be 15 times better.

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
Bought and set up my first EM. Wasn't gonna buy any more games for awhile but got a good deal and it was in good shape. Plus I think it's the only pin that will fit up my stairs or I can put in my garage because I have almost no money into it. It's a 1970 Bally ZIP-A-DOO. Bought it from a women who owned it since 1977. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it but I figure I'll play it a bit and see. All it needed was flipper rubbers and adjustment. Also cleaned a few contacts and game works and plays perfectly.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,058

goomba

Aug 30, 2013
GTA
Installed the Deadworld mod yesterday. After fiddling with the machine for a while now (LEDs, spotlights, judge decals, GLM trough boards, GI OCD, cliffy to fix the ramp, deadworld) this is what it looks like. I like them bright :)

Does anyone know if there are versions of the L1AT rom that have the anti-ghosting patch? I had to remove the rom I got from Dave A. that got rid of the faint ghosting to put in this Deadworld version.

Attachments

• 6288.jpeg
    6288.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 967

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
On vacation in Myrtle Beach. Using the Pinside Pinball Map, I located a resort called Sea Mist that had a small arcade with the line-up of Funhouse-Earthshaker-Dr.Dude-DE Simpsons-Jokerz. For a Sys11 lover like myself, it was a must-visit. I'm unhappy to report that "disappointing" is an understatement. Funhouse's trap door assembly was completely broken off and lying in the trap door hole. Didn't matter, the upper flipper wasn't strong enough to hit Rudy or make the loop shot anyhow. No GI, either. Earthshaker's GI was pooched as well. I was wondering why I couldn't make the lock hole shot: the lack of lighting made it hard to see the two drywall screws sunk into the playfield in front of the hole. Display was garbled beyond recognition, too. DE Simpsons was missing flipper buttons and turned off. None of the playfield features worked on Jokerz. Dr. Dude was the best of the bunch, but still had a lot of its features disabled. The Mixmaster and all kickers were working, so at least it was a passable pingame. No point in telling the attendant, they must know the machines are deplorable with this much wrong. In conclusion, this is where pinball machines are sent to die. Also, judging by the clientele and staff, Sea Mist is where YOU would be most likely to die on a trip to the SC coast, too.