• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
As the opening chords of my new Hip album on vinyl wash over me, I'm left to reflect on another long but very good day. They shot a movie once...

I left the house at 9:03 am, after having to chase my suddenly early green bin truck down the street with the last bag from the kitchen. I loaded Grand Lizard very reluctantly and headed out to Uhaul. I'd planned a tight timeline meeting numerous people with Drano, and finding 3 people lined up in front of me wasn't part of the plan, but what can you do? So after about 50 minutes, I had the trailer hooked up and was rolling. I picked up Drano, and we then went to Oakville where we grabbed an early lunch and connected with Spiro Agnew and his family, as Rob had some parts and pieces for us.

From there we rolled to Speed City, where I quickly and with no effort whatsoever (pale as a lightbulb, hanging on a wire) blew well past my planned budget for the day, but I picked up a few of my favourite albums of all time, such as Siamese Dream and Vitalogy, along with some Stones, Marley and GnR! Same pattern on the table, same clock on the wall.

We then spent some time at Speedy's place loading up Shadow and two other pins that were coming back. Speedy was feeling oddly fluffy, and I'll leave it at that. Got to try an AC/DC Premium, and argh, I hate to put another pin on my wish list, but I did. What an awesome game, plus I put my name on it, which I always like to do. Dropped Speedy back at his shop, and headed to Karmatose's place to pick up 2 rotisseries, then met Grauwolf at his storage locker to load a pin for Warlock, which meant that we now had 5 loaded up.

Our final stop was at Arctics place, as he'd invited us to take a look at one of his pins, and I have to say this - what a beautiful place he has. His workshop was the kind of space I can only dream of having. I'm working hard on getting permission for one of his jukes...probably wont happen, but a man can dream, right?

The drive down the 401/403 coming back was a challenge, as I was doing 80 uphill, and a buck thirty riding the brakes on any down slopes. I carried 5 back from Allentown, but I guess since 3 were EMs it was a lot lighter than what I had today. My poor van takes a lot of abuse and just keeps on trucking.

Stopped in Mississauga to unload some pins, hit High Park to pick up a kijiji score Expedit shelf so I have a place to put my vinyl and finally pull my DVDs out of a box after 3 years, then headed back to Scarborough to drop off Warlocks pin. Once the trailer was empty, I headed to my in-laws to pick up some furniture they're giving to friends of ours, and then finally went home. Unfortunately, my kijiji shelf reeks of smoke, so I've put coffee grounds all over it.

So about 500k, 13 hrs 22 mins, too much gas, 5 pins, lots of new vinyl, good tunes and talks with Drano, and a pretzel bacon cheeseburger later, I'm home. Last road trip of the summer for me, it's been a good one, except for last weekends "Airing of Grievances". Now I'm a stolen Cadillac, racing for a roadblock in the distance.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
A fun way to spend a Tuesday... although poor Walt had many more miles to go after we parted ways.
Thanks again!

And I forgot to snap my pic in front of Speed City records :(
Still, great to finally see Speedy's shop; where I unexpectedly found and replaced my very first LP ever (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts)

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
You guys are into vinyl too!? That's how I'm relaxing right now. My collection is slowly growing along with my games. This is what my living room is looking like. Sorry no lights in the room, they aren't needed... Just music :)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377131417293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377131417293.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 803

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
Ya I'm going to try and avoid looking at that EBD when I pick up the TSPP. Not....Going....To....Look...

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
Had a good party here yesterday to celebrate an anniversary. Lots of people young and old over playing Pinball with the Juke cranking out tunes. Nice to get a group out and just let them play for some fun. A few stayed the night and we were at it again this morning- especially the kids.
Good times.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
arctic said:
Had a good party here yesterday to celebrate an anniversary. Lots of people young and old over playing Pinball with the Juke cranking out tunes. Nice to get a group out and just let them play for some fun. A few stayed the night and we were at it again this morning- especially the kids.
Good times.

I usually hate it when people end their posts with "Good Times", but for you I will make an exception. :D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I spent a good chunk of this weekend installing trim in the gameroom. My shotty wall panel installation is now well hidden ;)
I probably should paint it, but I'm looking forward to setting up some more games this week.

Of course, part of the deal with pushing my gamroom to the front of the line (renovation-wise) was that half of it would be used as storage while we renovate the family room and 2nd bathroom. Still... I'm not complaining.

GOOD TIMES! :lol:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I was on a whirlwind pinball adventure with Warlock this weekend in MTL. Good times, but when nature calls...

:lol:
The one and only SM "Brown" edition.

D

Attachments

• IMG_00000615.jpg
    IMG_00000615.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 643

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Sad pinball day for me.... Might have to sell a game or two.

We just put an offer in on our first house, and the closing date would be sept 8 if they take it. I had no idea the hidden extra fees that you find out about along the way. Pinball machines will come and go. I can always replace them later when cash flow is better.

But I don't think I'll put an offer on the brown Spider-Man game. - I'd imagine the cabinet might have a funky smell

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Luckydogg420 said:
We just put an offer in on our first house, and the closing date would be sept 8 if they take it.

Congrats!
Just look on the bright side... you'll probably have more room to add games in your new place.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Sweet relief... Finalized the house deal today, sign everything tomorrow, goto finalize Bank stuff friday. The closing date was pushed back from sept 4 to sept 27, so we have some more time to get all our ducks in a row. The house hasn't went on the market, we had 1st crack at it, and we just couldn't let it go.

Sold Tee'd off (pending delivery) to another member of the revolution. So everything is coming together nicely. ...and it's going on route, so I will still be able to play it if I want to. I played it a lot in the couple months I had it. My high school nostalgia has lived up to the memories...and I still didn't keep high score for long.

Now we have to call in all favors (bribe with beer) with our friends and paint a 5 bedroom house, do flooring in some rooms and get ready to rent it out for Nov 1st. Should be a great equity builder and the location is really great.

I hope to find a simpsons game for my next pin I think....