• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Woo Hoo. Spidey in the House!

Thanks Mike, again, was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks for hooking me up Mr Enabler!! :D

Attachments

• Spidey in the House!.JPG
    Spidey in the House!.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 461

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
Finally got around to updating Metallica code correctly. Attempt number 1 last week was a fail as I upgraded to the same version already on there. Figured that out when first game Mystery amounts were all 500K.

Sad day for wife as her only initials did not survive the upgrade.

Playing a lot of No Fear...

Today continuing working on the interior upstairs in my barn which is where arcade will eventually be. Running some electrical today and setting up some of my EMs to see how they look against a pine board and batten wall. Also checking lighting conditions.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Bigbossfan said:
Woo Hoo. Spidey in the House!

Thanks Mike, again, was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks for hooking me up Mr Enabler!! :D

It was nice to finally put a name to a face Reg and glad SM went to a good home. You've built quite the line up now in a very short period of time. Enjoy SM and try not to mess up the DMD on this one :lol:

Budfan said:
It was a pleasure meeting you Mike. And it was even better helping my friend Reg out and not having to fork over any money!

Nice meeting you too Terry and glad to know you are not far from my wife's family in Barrie so will definitely be calling you next time I am in the area.

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Today I brought a GTB Joker Poker back from the dead, had to replace both the MPU and power supply and re-pin a bunch of stuff. But the client was stoked to have his machine working again.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
Today watched the PAPA tutorial on Metallica and then played. No effect. May even be worse now since I know what to do and fail at it. Wife has claimed high score #3 and is very excited she never got to put her initials in before. No Fear quit working and joined the list of machines I need to repair. List seems to be growing recently. I think the long weekend may be spent fixing machines. Trying to get ready to host a DRAPL event and then a tournament in the fall. May have to get Doug out again for a day...

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I went to my local auction house for a sale this weekend. They had a few game room items.
Price listed is the final bid: + HST + buyers premium 10% (15% if online)

Gottlieb Surf Champ (it appeared to be working well with a few burnt out bulbs and requiring some good cleaning, nice cabinet and a nice backglass and playfield I didn't see any bare wood poking through the paint): $1000
10' shuffleboard/games table with accessories (looked pretty nice but I didn't have a level to see if the top was still good): $850
Circus slot machine with keys (quarter *token* machine with $750 payout header and a stand looked to be 70s-80s): $300
Buffalo slot machine with keys -working (this was a newer video screen unit, oriental writing on machine): $200

I guess there must have been a few Surf Champ fans in the crowd. I know it hit my max very early and fast. I stuck around to see what the other game room type items went for. The slot prices don't appear to be all that out of whack. But admittedly I am not a slot collector. I was pretty suprised at the price for the shuffleboard table.

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I was at Chuck E Cheese's over the weekend for my daughter's birthday party and noticed a coin redemption game made by Stern based on the Simpsons! Check it out.
de6u4a7u.jpg

uruvedyg.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Well, now that Allentown is done and my projects are beckoning, I decided a little Spring cleaning was in order.
Did a big re-organization of the garage/shop last night in preparation for some cabinet work.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Bought this little gem on the weekend. It is the last game Bally ever made. The owner had owned it for over 20 years. It had the original manual and even the original warrantee card. However the owner never cleaned it or changed the balls in over 20 years. So the playfield was shit and the rubbers were as hard as a rock and crumbled in my hands when I touched them :FP: . But it did come with some kind of a strobing topper?

After I cleaned it there was some big wear spots on the playfield.

I touched them up as best I could, keep in mind I'm no Drano or HEP, just a noob. After touch ups.

After plastics cleaned and put back on.