• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off" (CLOSED)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: [Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off"

Quick update from Kevin:

Hey Mike,

I have 500 pieces on my next order. Looks like I will receive those next week because of everyone being closed this Thursday and Friday.
I will pack and ship ASAP when I have your order filled.

All the best,
Kevin.

Perhaps we will close this group buy tomorrow and send him payment via Paypal towards end of the week.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

sensfreak said:
I hope I am not too late for this. I would like to order 10.

Nope and spoke to Kevin last night and asked if I should cap our order off. HE said we could have 400 out of the 500 from his next batch if we'd like because he can always get more made.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Pinball Junkie said:
As per pm, I'm in for 10 standard black Mike.

Williams Fan said:
I hope I can get in for 10 black as well Mike.

No problem guys and I am going to keep this open till end of this week as Kevin probably won't be receiving his order from his supplier till next week as this weekend is Thanksgiving down in the US for them. He already increased his order so we should be good for up to 400 pieces if we end up hitting that.

Thanks for everyone confirming their order and stay tuned for shipping details and arrangements.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Mike, Can you up my count to 15 now please and thanks.

It appears that my inability to count pins properly continues on.
I'm at 13 already with the possibility on the horizon of 1 or 2 more.
That will be it for the DMD's collection. 5 @ home, 10 @ my shop max!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Golden Graham said:
Is there still room Mike? I'd take 10 if you haven't ordered yet....

You've been added to the list and guys I think tomorrow will be the last day to get in on this group buy as I want to give Kevin a definitive number of glare guards to put aside for us. Thanks for all your support and if anyone else ever wants to setup a group buy feel free to shoot me a PM and I will do what I can to help support it.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

SquidVicious said:
So where are we now with this .. has the order gone in or does it go in on Monday ?

The group buy has been closed and waiting to hear back from Kevin as to when he will be receiving his order from his supplier next week.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Here is an update on the group buy and decided this will be the final plan to get it to us. I wanted to let everyone know that SquidVicious (aka Dan) has offered to have this order shipped to his Buffalo mailing address. However his place charges $5/package received and he has to make the time to pick it up within a small time window before extra charges incur. So I was thinking if our order is 3-4 separate boxes that is an additional $15-20 on top of shipping.

Since Kevin from bentplastic.com is based out of Michigan and I have a contact on that side of the border who can receive and clear packages is the better option. UPS shipping rate from a MI to MI address will probably be cheaper and faster then MI to NY address. Menace (aka Doug) is heading out that way on Dec 13 and can pick up our order, bring back to Aurora which is near luch or Vengeance for distribution via TOPL channel. Not sure how the Ottawa guys want to do with theirs as some have said they will grab from Vengeance (aka Adam) at some point or else I know medvet will be in Toronto over the Xmas holidays and can bring back for everyone then. I will leave it up to you guys to sort out the details and just let Menace know how many to set aside for whoever is picking up. Same goes for more local but out of town pick ups like Hamilton, London, etc...

So right now I gave Kevin the Michigan address to ship to and once he get the final UPS amount. Menace said he will front and pay for the entire order initially and then we will have a better idea of cost per unit after shipping + exchange + 13% taxes + any other fees (such as paypal?). At that point he will take over the group buy and you can EMT or pay him COD if you want to go pick up in person.

Thanks for everyone's participation and patience.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Worse comes I'm headed out to Rochester in January for a tournament, I'm sure I could ask the guy hosting the tournament to let me use his place as a mailing address and I can pick it up come the new year

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Vengeance said:
Worse comes I'm headed out to Rochester in January for a tournament, I'm sure I could ask the guy hosting the tournament to let me use his place as a mailing address and I can pick it up come the new year

Thanks for the offer and right now let's cross our fingers Kevin's supplier can get his order done in time so he can ship it out late this week or early next week via UPS before Dec 13.