• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Yesterday I rebuilt the power supplies from my High Speed, Space Shuttle and my spare SYS11 supply. I attempted to fix the issue of some missing sounds on my Space Shuttle and ended up with a failed board. :oops:

Today I managed to redeem myself for messing up my mpu board from my Space Shuttle. I managed to repair the other SYS9 MPU that I had that got zapped by static and now have a working Space Shuttle again. I also fixed the MPU board from the parts High Speed I just picked up, it had a bit of a meltdown on the special solenoid section and had 5 of the lamp rows out. Thankfully easy fixes. I was going to use the spare SYS11 board in my Space Shuttle until I got my SYS9 boards working again, but now I don't need to! :D

I was thinking I might start up a Tips/Tricks/Tools thread, but I don't know that I would be posting anything that hasn't been posted elsewhere. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG-20131226-00132.jpg
    IMG-20131226-00132.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 493

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Thanks Barry.
All is well.

Half of our family/friends households had power after a day or two or three. (max)
The rest of us had to wait it out longer, but all is well with family and friends in the end.

All the very best.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Grauwulf said:
Yeah, but I don't want to steal Doug's thunder......lol

But it has been over 2 months since he posted anything in that section, great learning thread. I just wish he had more time.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Rescued another pin from the clutches of our Yankee oppressors :D
Just kidding guys.... We love you all. Please don't invade; we'll share our poutine recipes!

Yes, T2 is finally home!
Thanks to a great collector I met on Pinside (Scott in South Glen Falls, NY) I now have one more pin that I wasted plenty of coins on during my formative high-school years. It's probably the cleanest all-original T2 I've seen. Just one tiny chip in an insert way up under the T800 head, by the ball lock, and a little bit of 'edging' on a few inserts. My acrylic pen and some wax will sort that out quick-fast The cabinet, playfield, plastics, DMD and translite are all spectacular. This game was obviously loved and well taken care of.

She was supposed to come home last week, but the ice storm put a damper on things.
Huge thanks to Spiroagnew, Warlock and our secret friends in Buffalo for helping to make this happen.

I appreciate it.

Adriano

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I thought you posted that you were done in the summer Drano. I recall you saying I don,t care what is on Kijiji or what is for sale...I'm done :lol:

Congrats btw

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Drano, I will raise your T2 with my TAF and WOF haul yesterday. I left my house at 630am and made the drive out to medvet's. This two pin deal has been in the works for the past 2 months and so happy it is home and now I am done too.

It has been a while since I took a pic of Keith helping so enjoy! The WOF went to my buddy Elliot down the road from me and I can't wait to put some more time playing it.

Thank goes out to medvet and her son who helped me load up and Warlock for lending me his Toyota Sienna for the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20131229_182318.jpg
    IMG_20131229_182318.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_20131229_192006.jpg
    IMG_20131229_192006.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 415

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
mwong168 said:
Drano, I will raise your T2 with my TAF and WOF haul yesterday. I left my house at 630am and made the drive out to medvet's. This two pin deal has been in the works for the past 2 months and so happy it is home and now I am done too.

It has been a while since I took a pic of Keith helping so enjoy! The WOF went to my buddy Elliot down the road from me and I can't wait to put some more time playing it.

Thank goes out to medvet and her son who helped me load up and Warlock for lending me his Toyota Sienna for the day.

Congrats Wong!

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
LOL that's a good one Adam. As soon as you go to your next tournament and play a SS or EM that they use in the tourney that you don't really know, you will be posting a WTB ad for those games upon getting home:lol:

You saying you're done until the building goes up has about the same validility as me saying I am done :FP:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Williams Fan said:
LOL that's a good one Adam. As soon as you go to your next tournament and play a SS or EM that they use in the tourney that you don't really know, you will be posting a WTB ad for those games upon getting home:lol:

You saying you're done until the building goes up has about the same validility as me saying I am done :FP:

Cant afford to do both, I need to have as much liquid cash available to pay for things like excavation, new furnace, propane tank, sub electrical panel, etc, etc.

Once the building is up, watch out :p

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
To be fair, I have also been letting games go.

T2 may not stay long. Just re-living a little childhood memory.
Black Hole is heading out and maybe another ss TBD.

I have another game coming in this week too... so it's been busy, but my total pin-count should eventually remain where it's been.

Now, if someone could tempt me with a Godzilla... that would be interesting :mrgreen:

Also need to keep some room for Predator and Raza.

First work problems :FP:

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Vengeance said:
Cant afford to do both, I need to have as much liquid cash available to pay for things like excavation, new furnace, propane tank, sub electrical panel, etc, etc.

I can think of a way for you to get some liquid cash that involves a Steve Ritchie sequel being sold to me :D