• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Pinball Diaries (what did you do today?)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Not much of a prophecy I'm afraid :)
Seems you're always on the road.

Well, at least my task lines up with yours as well.
And I'm very grateful... just in case I haven't mentioned that yet? :D

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
Still progressing on my container deal BSD. The playfield is done and the cabinet is coming along nicely. I think I can see light at the end of the tunnel :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 498
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 498
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 497

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Haven't updated in a while. Let's see...

I drove my staff down to Detroit last Thursday to check out the auto show and we managed to stop in Windsor on the way back for an early dinner.
Got to hang out with a couple of PREV members I don't get to see very often. So, a big shout out to Golden Graham and the elusive Phantomgirl ;) It's always a pleasure to stop in at Bubi's Good Eats and chat pinball for a bit. I can still taste the garlic!!! :D
The drive home was ugly. Definitely taking the train next year.

Friday, I scored one of the aforementioned T1000 mods for my T2. Along with some metal flipper bats and new T800 eyes, she's really starting to shine.
The game is shallow... but it grows on me. Still, with several games soon coming into the 'sanctum', something must go and T2's stay may be short lived :(

And last night, I finally had a moment to go through my new BSD and tune it up. The game was suffering from several small issues. Bad coin door menu switches and a pesky (phantom) magnet unload error were the most bothersome. A factory re-set seemed to have cleared up both. Then I dealt with some ball hangups on the coffin ramp and under one of the castle ramp switches. Amazing what a poorly placed washer and 1mm can do. Swapped a couple of washers under a plastic (instead of over), bent the switch arm a little and, voila! no more hangups. The left myst gate also wouldn't close all the way and balls were falling in by accident. I noticed the spring holding it was threaded through wrong and didn't allow enough play for it to drop. Fixed that and gave the wire a little bend. Now it lifts and drops just enough. BSD is now playing 100% and all is good with the world.

Next (aside from my ongoing playfield projects) I have to start thinking about re-assembling my Farfalla. It's been in pieces way too long.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Got an email from CPR today that I'd been waiting for since April 24 2012.

Just waiting for the permission-giver to awaken in order to...well, place my order.

Woohoo!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
brewmanager said:
Just waiting for the permission-giver to awaken in order to...well, place my order.

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :twisted:

I hope you get this CPR playfield for your grail and sure you can offset some of the costs when you sell your existing one in the game after the swap.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I brought home the strange science from kijiji last night. It's in rough shape. Playable turd status at this point but I was wanting a new project anyways so I'll show it some love. I predict many hours into it but I got home late so didn't note everything wrong with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
REVOLUTION said:
6803 systems are a bitch to work on, but Strange Science is the best game of the batch. Very fun (and hard)

congrats

I think (hoping at this point) that everything is functioning properly as far as game play. I played a few games and checked out most functionality but you never know what might turn up after a thorough inspection. It's just a LOT of filth, bad rubbers, a bunch of messed up coil springs and weirdness, seemed like one score display might be funky etc. I'm thinking (again hoping) that it's just a lot of time and not a ton of money. I made sure the price was reflective of the condition though so I won't mind doing the work. It was actually the first one I was walking away from but seller was a reasonable guy and pulled me back in to take it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
It's been a productive morning. Finally got a chance to replace all the rubbers on my revenge from mars. Ended up taking apart most of the playfield and cleaning while I was doing rubbers. Whoever made that playfield removable is a genius. The ability to take the whole thing out, throw it on a table and work on it is perfect.

Got my strange science inside my house and out of the cold garage so I can actually dig into it a bit. It's going to need some serious loving. Seems like a few of the lights are out (unfortunately not just the bulbs) and some of the lights that shouldn't be connected are running in parallel somehow. I'm missing an entire digit on one of the displays and on another display it's missing a segment throughout. Seems like a switch or two isn't working either. I can see where someone has repaired a few of the transistors so I'm sure it'll be fun looking through all of that :?. Here's an example of the level of filth in this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20140124_205606.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20140125_105346.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 272