• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What happened?

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Me too, and I'm gonna be buying a ton of Pinball machines in Texas absolutely tax free! From zero income tax all the way to a used game. Cheers!

If taxes and no Trudeau were all that mattered to me Texas would be great. I actually do like the state a lot as a place to live. My best friend lived in Texas for years so I have been many times.

That said - Family and friends all live in Ontario and I am very close to all of them. This is more important than tax free pinball.

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
Ya, I see your point.. Maybe when you retire or maybe start a business. Just imagine selling your life long stock investments tax free in Texas.;) I believe this move will be way better for my kids too, property prices are reasonable and fantastic job opportunities. If I stay in Canada, my kids will be living with me forever. haha. Were gonna keep everything we sold property wise in Canadian dollars hoping for par again one day, Got what we sold in a high savings mutual right now with a drip dividend... will mortgage what we buy in Texas. What's the safest place for cash with the highest return right now? If you don't mind me asking, just think the stock market is over valued and don't want to buy more just yet.

Last edited:

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
Please move ASAP so you can MAGA!
Yes, I will move my business to the states... Canada is uninvestable at this point. I don't care who wins the election there, Texas is booming, no matter what happens. Their is great leadership in that state. You might want to consider a few extra jobs/income avenues to cover all of the incoming Canadian taxes.

Last edited:

Quatermass

May 2, 2018
Toronto
Ah, yes, the great leadership of Texas…. :/
Have you ever even heard of Ted Cruz?
Also, Texas relies on high sales and use taxes to offset the lack of personal income tax. Plus, comparing our economy to the US is ridiculous. I can’t tell if you’re being purposely obstinate, or you actually believe what you’re saying. I’m so sick of these BS talking points too. You’d blame Trudeau for the weather if you could… but you probably don’t even believe in climate change. That’s one area where Texas definitely excels, BTW. It leads that entire nation in billion-dollar disasters. Enjoy!

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
My partners and family are already doing fantastic there, so what does it matter? 6.25% sales tax sounds good to me. If your happy here, cool.
Businesses are leaving Canada fast whether you like it or not. Just my thoughts, my decision.
Well, it's time to hit the hay.. Goodnight Quater.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwmech5